Lake Sinclair camping/crappie fishing questions.

olcaptain

I am planning my first camping trip of the year, and I have been looking around online and found Lake Sinclair Campground. So the question is this place worth the trip up? I'm about 1.5 hours south of there. I've got a tentative time-frame of around Valentine's Day. I have read the reviews online and checked out the website, but wanted to get some information from any of the members here, as I would trust y'alls words over Joe City-Slicker.
I will be primative tent camping, and crappie fishing from the bank. Any info or places to check out that are near the lake/Eatonton are greatly appreciated. I'm not trying to cyber-scout for crappie here, just more over asking if this is a good place to hit up for a quick weekend away with my boy while the in-laws fly in from Minnesota!

You have a PM

MissouriBoy

You’ll like “ Putnam Beach” if it’s open.
We just called it the “ state park “.
My parents had a lot on Cedar Creek when I was growing up.
Park is quite and nearby a marina. You could fish around it and the bridge if you don’t have boat. But you need a boat to get serious around there.
I do not have a boat, sold it 7 years ago before my first kiddo was born. Bank fishing ever since!