Lake Sinclair camping/crappie fishing questions.

MissouriBoy

I am planning my first camping trip of the year, and I have been looking around online and found Lake Sinclair Campground. So the question is this place worth the trip up? I'm about 1.5 hours south of there. I've got a tentative time-frame of around Valentine's Day. I have read the reviews online and checked out the website, but wanted to get some information from any of the members here, as I would trust y'alls words over Joe City-Slicker.
I will be primative tent camping, and crappie fishing from the bank. Any info or places to check out that are near the lake/Eatonton are greatly appreciated. I'm not trying to cyber-scout for crappie here, just more over asking if this is a good place to hit up for a quick weekend away with my boy while the in-laws fly in from Minnesota!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Check with the forest service as there is a recreation area off Twin Bridges Road that has some campsites. Real quite compared to Lake Sinclair Campground. I’ll see if it is closed for winter and let you know.

MissouriBoy

Check with the forest service as there is a recreation area off Twin Bridges Road that has some campsites. Real quite compared to Lake Sinclair Campground. I’ll see if it is closed for winter and let you know.
Awesome I appreciate it!

back_woods

I believe he is referring to putnam beach, should be open yea round and its first come first serve

MissouriBoy

I believe he is referring to putnam beach, should be open yea round and its first come first serve
Putnam Beach. I will look into it. So far I’ve only found the lake’s namesake campground, the Lake Sinclair Recreation Area. Says it’s in Eatonton...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
don't know about bank fishing Sinclair. In Feb. most of the crappie are in the middle of the creek channels closer to deep water in my experience. Late March or early April would be better for bank fishing I think

MissouriBoy

don't know about bank fishing Sinclair. In Feb. most of the crappie are in the middle of the creek channels closer to deep water in my experience. Late March or early April would be better for bank fishing I think
Awesome I might just do a scouting camp trip in February then set my sights on March/April if the crappie are hammering then.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
There are some really good crappie fishermen here who fish Sinclair. Unfortunately I am not one of them. Search some over in the fresh water forum and you will get some pointers.
Good luck!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
There are some really good crappie fishermen here who fish Sinclair. Unfortunately I am not one of them. Search some over in the fresh water forum and you will get some pointers.
Good luck!!

keyword = Dutch

trad bow

Locals call it Putnam Beach but the forest service has it listed as Lake Sinclair Recreation Area. If there is a warm spell you can catch a few males crappie off the bank. It would be better to fish by the bridge at Twin Bridges Marina.

MissouriBoy

Maybe get with the Cap'n,he's definitely a Kittie catching expert,,,,he should be able to give you some info,,,,
Who? I'm still new here, but I will send someone a message.

trad bow

Born and raised and still live in the area. I usually fish during the week but I’ll see what’s going on about then and may take y’all out in boat trolling for crappie. I’ll still be fooling with bird dogs to end of February.

MissouriBoy

Born and raised and still live in the area. I usually fish during the week but I’ll see what’s going on about then and may take y’all out in boat trolling for crappie. I’ll still be fooling with bird dogs to end of February.
This will be my first foray into camping and fishing into Georgia. Like I said earlier if the crappie aren't hammering then, I might just make it a camping trip to scout out the area and then come back up later. My daughter is in American Heritage Girls, and gets credit towards a badge for camping, so this year we are going to hopefully secure her a badge!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
@Dutch can give you info. You would do well to provide the family a quality experience with a local guide on the water.

MissouriBoy

Wow, thank you everyone. I appreciate all the help.

Twiggbuster

You’ll like “ Putnam Beach” if it’s open.
We just called it the “ state park “.
My parents had a lot on Cedar Creek when I was growing up.
Park is quite and nearby a marina. You could fish around it and the bridge if you don’t have boat. But you need a boat to get serious around there.