Lake Trout

hawkeye123

Up here in New England for the last week..barely got to wet a line. Fished for less than an hour in Vermont on the White River & lost a quality 24" land locked salmon right at my feet..been killing me seeing all these beautiful rivers & streams + coast ..over in Maine now , all the coastal charters shut down for the year, so we went out on Lake Sebago with a super Cap'n & caught a few Lake trout..was hoping to catch a Northern but no luck there..caught 7 20" to 26"Screenshot_20211008-211000_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211008-211016_Gallery.jpg

GTMODawg

BANNED
Nice! Lake trout get HUGE! I have never caught a big one but have caught a bunch out west and they are very fun to catch and require some pretty sophisticated, technical fishing to be successful.. They also eat very good!

hawkeye123

Those are some beauties! How’d you cook them up?[/QUOTE. Smoked some to make dip, grilled , fried a few bites , to try..absolutely delicious! These fish were skinny in this crystal clear deep Lake Sebago , overpopulated, we were encouraged to keep em..glad we did excellent table fare!