Lake west point year round camp ground lease

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Some lakes, such as wedowee have camp grounds where you can lease a spot by the year. Does anyone know of one on west point that offers this?

bluedog71

Check payne road park or Schafer heard. Might be some on the alabama side as well but I would bet either of those 2 camp grounds would know. You could also call the west point lake Corp of engineer's and ask them as the park rangers patrol year round.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Check payne road park or Schafer heard. Might be some on the alabama side as well but I would bet either of those 2 camp grounds would know. You could also call the west point lake Corp of engineer's and ask them as the park rangers patrol year round.
Thank you

Greene728

Some lakes, such as wedowee have camp grounds where you can lease a spot by the year. Does anyone know of one on west point that offers this?

Unfortunately there are none that I know of for year around. RSH, Amity, Holiday, and Whitetail Ridge are all USACOE parks and are 14 day max. Plus, they aren’t open year around except RSH sites 1-52. Southern Pines at Southern Harbor Marina may have some year around spots as they are privately owned, but I’m not sure. The only other one is Brush Creek Park on the very northern end of the lake (think the river) that is operated by Heard Co parks and recreation. They do lease by the month and are very lenient on the rules. I’ve heard it’s been remodeled to a degree and is much better. In the past it was a somewhat well known “rough spot” with the locals. I wish there was somewhere on WP cause I’d be interested myself as we camp extensively at West Point. But being a Corps lake there isn’t anywhere. Weedowee is an Alabama Power lake and the land use guidelines and private owned property rules are much better than Corps lakes which is why you see campgrounds like you are searching for more often.

greg_n_clayton

Use to be one outside of LaGrange. I stayed in it when my the company I worked for sent me there to do a kob. It was 3 Creeks or something like that. That a skateing ring and a small water park thingy up at the entrance..

Bob Shaw

Check with Southern Pines. They used to have permanent sites, but, that may change since it's been sold. Their number is 1 (334) 644-3881. You may want to note that only the primitive sites are on the water, and the last time I was there, it was pretty rough, with a number of permanent residents. The new owner is wanting to clean it up.

Dialer

Rode my Triumph down to Brushy Campground last weekend. There’s a new camp host now, and he assured me that the people that are presently living there long term will “have to go” and should all be gone within 2 months.

Bam Bam

Brush Creek Has Year Round Camping or Use Too? Pine Rd Park? R Shepard Heard? Whitetail Rigde Use to Stay Open Until Nov
31st? Love Camping At West point Lake!!!