Lanahassee Creek Nov hunt

Curtis

Five of us got drawn and at least 4 of us will be going next week. Been scouting it off and on for the last year or so. Really looking forward to it. Any other Forum members going to be there? Whose hunted it before?

Curtis

Three us saw several deer. One of us only saw one doe, and another one saw nothing. It seemed to be that way for everyone, either feast or famine. I passed on a buck on the first morning that I spent the rest of the hunt kicking myself over not shooting. One of my sons had the biggest buck of his life right under his stand for a long time, hanging around him, etc. He finally got a shot but it was a terrible angle and quartering away. By then he was so pumped with adrenaline, he missed. We searched for hours with no sign of hair or blood. So we did not take a single deer. That being said, we hope to get drawn again as we now have a much better understanding of the property and where the other hunters are going!

Did you hunt it? If so, how did you do?

oldfatbubba

Thank you for posting this. I wasn’t chosen. Based on numbers alone, it appeared to be a great hunt; 34 hunters took 16 deer (47% success rate). I have frequently hunted Hannahatchee, which isnt far from Lannahassee. Did you see any hogs?

Last edited:

Curtis

Did not see a single pig.
Of course, those rates are a bit skewed as several guys took 2 deer (buck and doe) while most of us were blanked.
Either way, it was a good time. I will apply again.