Land between the lakes

Who’s been their bow hunting ??? How was it looking at going this year , need some insight. Going up first of September to scout it out

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never hunted there, but have friends who love the area. Every time I've traveled through the area, we've seen deer in daylight.

BIL lives in Almo, KY and I drive through that area everything we're up that way. Beautiful country that looks like it should have some great hunting. Looks to be heavily wooded which to me means getting away from the roads to avoid those who won't.

TomC

I live about 20 minutes from the northern entrance. A friend of mine up here hunts it a lot, particularly for turkeys. He is a lifelong resident and his simple advice is to GET AWAY from main roads and access points. If you are not in good physical shape get some exercise between now and then. Ironic how there is a lot of relatively flat to rolling big ag and farmland up here but LBL......not so much!

LOTS of deer everywhere up here, staring at them in my backyard right now but KY public land receives a ton of pressure so I'd get a light climber and put on your walking shoes and get away from the crowds. Should be a fun trip!

DEERFU

I hunted it last year. Was definitely a fun trip. Could have taken 2 small deer while sitting on the ground and a few from the tree. Never got a shot at a decent buck but saw a couple. You could spend a lifetime there and never hunt it all

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Do your research and don’t go after the gun hunt. We made that mistake and hardly seen anything for a whole week of hunting. I did see a big 140” buck dogging a die hard on the first day. Thought it was going to be outstanding but that was the last deer I saw from the stand.

Latest posts