Land Conversion Caculator

bull0ne

Banned
Good find Brofoster!

The area calculations can be found by scrolling down to # 29.

For triangles or triangle portions of an irregular shaped plot enter the length & width measurments then divide the answer by half......

Handgunner

Bro, I stuck this thread to the top of the forum. It would be a lot of help for folks on here.

Thanks for posting it!

rex upshaw

nice bro, thanks for posting. that will be a huge help for me, as i am going to be planting some fire breaks and old logging roads.

buckmanmike

An easy calculator for land area into acres is easy. Multiply length times width by feet then divide by 44,000 which is how many square feet there are in an acre. Thus a plot 100x200 is 20,000 square feet. 20,000 into 44,000 equals just under a 1/2 acre. I can't remember the other calculations for other shaped properties, but you could divide your property into various configurations to come to a close approxiamation.

buckmanmike

One quick recalculation. Divide 44,000 into your square footage. I had it backwards on last post.(i.e. 44,000 into 20,000 equals slightly less than a 1/2 acre.).

bull0ne

Banned
For easy ''in the field'' area measurement the ''chain method'' can be used for sqares and rectangles.

One chain =66 feet

One acre= 10 square chains.

Measurement can be taped,ranged or with a little practice........paced off.

The length & width measurements are taken in feet and converted to chains when you divide each figure by 66.

Once your measurements are converted to chains you then multiply length times width. Take that figure and move the decimal point one place to the left to determine acreage.

Example: A parcel that is 2 chains wide and 5 chains long would be figured as follows.

A parcel of land that is 2 chains wide by 5 chains long would be figured as = 2X5=10. After moving the decimal one place to the left you have determined the acreage to be 1.0 acres.

For odd shapes,such as corners or nooks you can figure the area by measuring them as triangles within the parcel.

Compute the area as posted above by using the longest side and widest base.............then divide the area by half.

Last edited:

Handgunner

For easy ''in the field'' area measurement the ''chain method'' can be used for sqares and rectangles.

One chain =66 feet

One acre= 10 square chains.

Measurement can be taped,ranged or with a little practice........paced off.

The length & width measurements are taken in feet and converted to chains when you divide each figure by 66.

Once your measurements are converted to chains you then multiply length times width. Take that figure and move the decimal point one place to the left to determine acreage.

Example: A parcel that is 2 chains wide and 5 chains long would be figured as follows.

2X5=10 After moving the decimal one place to the left you have determined the acreage to be 1.0 acres.

For odd shapes,such as corners or nooks you can figure the area by measuring them as triangles within the parcel.

Compute the area as posted above by using the longest side and widest base.............then divide the area by half.
:crazy: :eek:

:huh:

Dub

Thanks for the useful calculator. I was grossly overestimating the values on this. Amazing.

Land Converion Calculator in MS-EXCEL

This is like the other calculator but in excel, this also tells you how much of the bag of seed to use and the number of food plots per bag you should expect.
Hope you find this useful!

:type:

Attachments

• Area conversion calculator.xls
    14 KB · Views: 493
R

redneckcamo

yep an with the price of seed these days fer the foodplots ....every square foot counts ......thanx (moderator) Bro.....;-]

Was asked to reformat so this would fit on a PDA / CELL / I-PHONE running Excel and remove protected fields for calculations.

Here it is, in joy!:type:

Attachments

• PDA Area conversion calculator.xls
    15 KB · Views: 419