Land $ per acre?

stumpman

Banned
How much is land pr acre where you live when you buy large tracts say 80 acres and above? Just curious what the different areas go for on average. I just saw some here for $17,000 pr acre for 95 acres. I live where there is pulpwood's and swamps. Land has gone crazy around here in the last few years. The city is moving our way and people will pay it. The neighbor just sold his house w 5 acres for $450,000.00 we all thought around $325,000-$350,000 would be tops man were we wrong.I can't afford to buy my own house If I was in the market.

GeauxLSU

You said 'near where we live'....

Good for you stump! Built in savings account!
A neighbor next to the front of our neighborhood, fronting the main road just sold 6 acres and an old farm house. He was asking $1.6 MILLION! Not sure what it sold for, but it sold. Needless to say, I won't be buying land around here... :rolleyes:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Woodsong

where I live in Cherokee County it is from $15,000 on the very low end if you go all the way up to the north of the county, to $275,000 per acre for high density residential, to $500,000 per acre for commercial land.

It's a great investment!

Toliver

10,000 to 12,000 around where I live. $1,650 where I bought hunting property.

stumpman

Banned
You would think when you buy 95 acres of swamp and woods it would be cheaper. 1 Acre tracts are going for around $30,000 pr tract. How do young folks get started now a days. I paid $20,000.00 for our first house times have changed.

Toliver

There's young people here? Whodathunkit?

GA DAWG

Anywhere from 20 to 80 thousand an ac here.They are beating our door down here trying to buy ours.They just want to build an build.First one comes along with 100 thou per ac.I guess will own them some more forsyth county land!

Toliver

stumpman said:
Where's that at bender ?

Obviously in Florida you have to be rich. The yankees have taken over and driven the prices up. I would have thought yankees would DECREASE property value..... ::huh: ::huh:

stumpman

Banned
I'm going to sneak in benders cabin when he builds it and live there. :bounce: Since they are all biulding down here. Everybody down here says It's the rich yankees that are coming down here driving up our land values. :whip: :cool:
That's good in a way and bad. It wont be long before I'm in the city. :D :D

Toliver

And speaking of REAL good hunting, is that property you bought where You and I are going to hunt next season? When you invited me, you said something about a new tract you just bought.

stumpman

Banned
Toliver that's funny you should mention that. He said the same thing to me. :bounce: He said he had a real good friend from GA that would be going with us. :cool: You recon he was talkin about you? ::huh: Bender what was that date you wanted us up there? I'll stop by and pick Toli up on the way. :clap: :yeah:

Toliver

Bowbender said:
Toli,
That's the land i was talking to you bout on the phone. The lady who sold it was a do gooder, it hasent been hunted in 25 years :speechles

I am having the carpenters build some stands, when they are there in the spring.

Excellent. Make sure they're tall enough on the inside. I'm 6' 2'' normally but about 6' 4'' or 5'' with my boots and hat on.

stumpman

Banned
Hey don't discriminate. I'm short so make the shootin windows low ehough for short fellers and the seats so my feet touch the floor. ::huh: :D :D

Toliver

stumpman said:
Hey don't discriminate. I'm short so make the shootin windows low ehough for short fellers and the seats so my feet touch the floor. ::huh: :D :D

Hey!!! He IS a troll!!!!

Toliver

stumpman said:
Yea but I'm a big troll mister.

Not if your feet dangle when you sit in a grown up's chair!
::ke:

Toliver

Bowbender said:
Toli,
you never told me if you wan't to Turkey hunt when yer up.............

What upppppppppppp

I meant to pm you. I didn't want to say anything in the open for fear stumpy would either feel left out or just invite himself to come along.