Land Survey Info

huntfishwork

May be getting some property surveyed in the N GA area. I would like to get some recommendations for a surveyor and info on what I should expect to pay per acre. Thanks!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
May be getting some property surveyed in the N GA area. I would like to get some recommendations for a surveyor and info on what I should expect to pay per acre. Thanks!

I'm not going to be much help on the who or how much.
I will offer, find out who borders it, meet them, and get a feel for where they think the line is.
Especially if they've been there a long time.

huntfishwork

I’ve met all the neighbors minus one. I could walk to every corner of the land no problem. I’ve been on and around the property for many years. It’s part of a bigger tract that’s for sale. The realtor says if it’s divided from the larger tract it will probably have to have a new survey done. I’ve never had any survey work done so I don’t know what to expect.

westcobbdog

There's a guy in downtown Ellijay, just off the cluster of downtown strip of buildings going south he is on the right, outstanding surveyor who knows a lot about the craft. He spent nearly an hour with me and a land buyer reviewing a survey he did some time ago. He mentioned with topo a survey can run $1 per foot.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Where in the N GA area? I've got a good one around Athens. He won't go to the mountains though.

westcobbdog

helped a buddy buy 23 acres near Ellijay recently and he got a survey from the seller that was only a few years old. We walked the land then visited the surveyor one day and he spent nearly an hr with us discussing the survey in question and his craft. He mentioned with some topo he was around $1 a foot. The guy was right in the downtown strip of Ellijay, almost across from a restaurant. He was excellent and knew a lot of quirky things about the area and the many GIS errors.

jthacker

We did find one.

Good deal -- I'm in Ringgold, as well, and just had some land surveyed & subdivided. Had to search through about ~10 to find one available -- took about 4 months to complete the project.

My data is about a year old, but we found anywhere from $6k - $12k per acre was the going rate...average of $9k. Of course, it all depends on the topo/location/etc. Boynton area is going to be higher than Keith, etc.

earlthegoat2

Good deal -- I'm in Ringgold, as well, and just had some land surveyed & subdivided. Had to search through about ~10 to find one available -- took about 4 months to complete the project.

My data is about a year old, but we found anywhere from $6k - $12k per acre was the going rate...average of $9k. Of course, it all depends on the topo/location/etc. Boynton area is going to be higher than Keith, etc.

That is the steepest price I have ever heard of. I had 30 acres surveyed last year for $1200 and my home lot of one acre for $800.

jthacker

That is the steepest price I have ever heard of. I had 30 acres surveyed last year for $1200 and my home lot of one acre for $800.

I totally misread that! That's not for surveying -- that's *PURCHASE* price per acre! My bad -- the SURVEY estimates on 5 acres (including subdividing) ranged from $1,200 - $3,000. All but one were 4 to 6 months out before they could begin work -- the guy we used was less than 1 month out, and he was about $2k when it was all said and done. We had a second 15 acre parcel surveyed a few months later for about $1500.

Another factor besides acreage that played a part -- the larger parcel hadn't been surveyed in 40+ years...and the job was in the middle of summer. The smaller parcel was done in the middle of winter, but was surveyed about 5 years ago.

Sorry for the confusion on that.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Where are they out of? Only ones I know in Hall are us at Atlas, Rochester Patton and couple of private guys who used to work for us. Just seeing this post

Office is in Watkinsville.