Land Survey

WSM

I need to find someone to survey my property. It is only five acres. I have found what I believe to be 2 of the corner pins, but I can't find the other two (I think they might be gone because my property backs up to a powerline.) Does anybody have an idea on what this might cost me? I just want someone to show me the corners. I have a plat but I l can't make much since of it

cullyhog

Pins probably still there, tried a metal detector to locate? Surveyor probably going to get around $200 to come out and walk the lines, but just guessing.

westcobbdog

Pins probably still there, tried a metal detector to locate? Surveyor probably going to get around $200 to come out and walk the lines, but just guessing.

more than that, its a five acre parcel. a GON memeber who is a surveyor will come along soon. don't trust your County tax plat,either.

Swamprat

Swamprat
In Florida, just for us to flag your boundary corners without a proper survey is $350 minimum. A contract is signed stating that it is not a land survey, no sealed drawings are issued and the land owner assumes all responsibility if the corner is in the wrong place.

We try to steer them into having a proper survey done and depending on the area we might have done a bunch of work around him and might cost 500 bucks or it could be no mans land and it could cost a few thousand.

Living Proof

I walked my five acres with a measuring wheel and a copy of a plat, and like stated above I used a metal detector in the general area and sure enough I found the pins. I drove rebar into the ground beside them and painted it.

mickbear

WD Gray & Assoc. in Tyrone.tell'em Mick sent ya .they will fix you up,good bunch of guys.Ask for Warren or larry

westcobbdog

a boundry line survey will show the corners..an alta survey is much more but will show matters of title like easemnts, utility easements, ect..

Swamprat

Swamprat
a boundry line survey will show the corners..an alta survey is much more but will show matters of title like easemnts, utility easements, ect..

A ALTA survey is used on comercial property. Have never done a ALTA survey on a residence in 25 years. A ALTA survey depending on what they want will include all utility hookups, easements, heights of the building, and so on. A normal home owner would not even think about paying the cost of a true ALTA survey.

A normal boundary survey if it is discovered by us will relfect any easements, etc. Most of the times that requires a title search.

We will also have a disclaimer on the survey that it was done without the benefit of a title search 99% of the time.