Lanier 6-8

TroyBoy30

Water Temp - 80
Water Clarity - 4ft +

Out before first light again today hoping to beat the heat and the crowds. I beat the crowd but not the heat. I miss 65. I started off shallow with top water like I always do. I love to fish shallow, sue me. After about an hour with no bites I started hitting humps in 15 - 25ft of water with an under-spin. I ran that till I left around 11. Ended up with 11 and missed just as many. They were biting it so well, I never picked up another bait. Humps with brush or rock, didn't matter. Thought I had the lake record on when I hooked the last guy. Took me almost 15 minutes to get that guy in on 6 pound test.

56EA45BA-BFB5-4A0C-B41F-F26F351C41E3_zpsiqqhxdvo.jpg

68FE1FBA-7B5C-48CE-A911-E759EC6C30BE_zpspdqdbye6.jpg

9D2AA4C8-9F70-4F3C-BF03-F24AF0A12FDD_zpst1ny7n6b.jpg

E9F9A753-6EE3-45C2-8E6D-4F92291AC6CE_zpsq1t6cmpe.jpg

75467BE7-0E18-426C-89D5-12B6304A20BB_zpsnbl3swav.jpg

Hookum

Dad and I got out as well, and had a few top water bites first thing then the idiots were out in force. 2nd stop and I'm 100 feet from shore and a big cruiser blows right through us.

Then a Mr Cummings (according to the name on his jersey) obviously doesn't know what a right of way is on the lake. If I wouldn't have come off speed, I would have plowed through him. He of course rolls up on the spot we were going to fish...

But, we ended up with 15 or so, with the DS doing most of the damage. Nothing big, 3# was about it.

StriperrHunterr

Nice fish, Troy. I broke something off last weekend on my 2nd cast on a 10lb leader that only gave me 3 headshakes as a clue and then was gone.

Idiots were out that day, too. 2 more weeks until the re-launch of my own boat and it's looking like I'll need to be on the water at 4 and off by about 8 if the pattern holds.

Hookum

i aint picked up a DS in many months and won't till i absolutely have to.

Good for you...I was back out on Tuesday...21 fish in under 4 hours. 19 on DS, 2 on top. Just freaking fun!

chackett

dangit. I shoulda been able to figure that one out. I'm taking my dad out this Friday. I restored an old boat we used to have on lanier about 13 years ago. It'll be the first time we've been back on the water fishing in about as much time.

Sure hope we can get on some fish. I think we're going to DL some BBH for striper and see what we come up with. If the DS is working for Spots, might have a line or two rigged for that too.

Thanks!
Chris

TroyBoy30

Good for you...I was back out on Tuesday...21 fish in under 4 hours. 19 on DS, 2 on top. Just freaking fun!

cool. i simply dont see the need to use it when they will hit anything and will usually be better quality fish. especially when topwater is working. Ive been doing very well simply dropping the shaky head down to em. the jig has been catching very good quality as well.