Lanier - Fun Morning

Lanier Jim

Out early with Rory today....off the water at noon....caught 15-16 fish with a lot of good ones...all on swimbaits and topwater. Rory lost a monster at first stop on a swimbait....we're pretty sure it was a big striper. After a hard battle - it finally wrapped him up in some brush. Lost the fish and one of his $60 swimbaits!

Always a fun time with some serious laughs....so hard one time my cheeks and stomach hurt. Same pattern as yesterday - fishing over brush in around 18' - 22' of water. BT W - and I have a witness.....I picked up my drop shot for about 5 minutes today....that's it!

Hope to see you out on the water - LJ

Attachments

• IMG_20170512_073037200.jpg
    IMG_20170512_073037200.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,389
  • IMG_20170512_093012789.jpg
    IMG_20170512_093012789.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,640

Lanier Jim

Yep....it's been eating cantaloupes! We had several good ones - all on swimbaits.

Coenen

What do you figure that circle wound is on that first fish? I caught a big 'lip yesterday that had something similar.

Lanier Jim

No idea...but I've seen them on fish over the years early on after spawning...then don't see them starting around mid summer. Might just be that I'm catching deeper fish...sorry, I'm not much help.

Lanier Jim

Rory was throwing a Swormin Hornet....I was throwing an old Sebile. I'm hoping Scout n'Stripers has a couple of knockoffs painted up for me.....Hello, Jim....hello - LJ

Scout'nStripers

Rory was throwing a Swormin Hornet....I was throwing an old Sebile. I'm hoping Scout n'Stripers has a couple of knockoffs painted up for me.....Hello, Jim....hello - LJ
I got them painted for you on Thursday and even caught a fish or two with them yesterday Jimmy. I'll catch up with you next week. I need to get up on the north end. I think the south end is wore out.

Lanier Jim

So you painted my baits....went out and caught fish on them...and admitted it. Ok, I'm good with that - field testing is always a good thing :)

Scout'nStripers

So you painted my baits....went out and caught fish on them...and admitted it. Ok, I'm good with that - field testing is always a good thing :)
Yes, to be honest I wasn't really satisfied with it. I think it needs to be more of a ghost pattern to generate more strikes. Tons of lookers but not many takers.

Lanier Jim

Then Ghost them up for me! TB - I never thought about looking on ebay for the old Sebile's

Lanier Jim

No idea Hoochman2.....I'd have to ask him but I think he said Hammond's. Not 100% sure but will check for you.

TroyBoy30

got this after the order

I am sorry but the sworming hornet swimbait is unavailable right now. I do not think it is even in production anymore. I thought I had taken it off the site.