Lanier-last 2 days

Ahab

Got out Friday and Saturday trying to refine my downline presentation. Friday started off fast as a school pushed to the surface and then came under my boat. The result was my first ever triple (fun chaos in a 16ft vessel). Got all three in, 5-8 pounds. Moved slowly along and found them again for a double. Everything laid down after that.

Saturday I fished the LSC tournament, downlines again and scored a couple solid fish to take 3rd, never saw schooling activity though. The highlight for me was the walleye, a first for me. I agree with everyone else, the taste is exquisite. Shout out to Larry at Oakwood bait and tackle for suggesting a new fluorocarbon for my leaders, I'm convinced it made a difference. Good luck to all, see ya out there.

Attachments

• CAM03161.jpg
    CAM03161.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 784
  • CAM03164.jpg
    CAM03164.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_20140607_070926890-1.jpg
    IMG_20140607_070926890-1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 727
  • CAM03192.jpg
    CAM03192.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_20140607_084355406_HDR-1.jpg
    IMG_20140607_084355406_HDR-1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 765
  • CAM03163.jpg
    CAM03163.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

Dirk

Nice job man... Sounds like you refined your downline technique pretty good. :bounce:

Huntin Nole

Great weekend for you, congrats! I fished Sunday morning and found one 8# striper on the south end of the lake around 10:00am. This wouldn't be anything too special normally, but it capped off a day that started with running out of gas at 7:00am (don't judge!) and having to limp back to the dock with the trolling motor, which took 2 hrs. By 9:00am I was back in action and found a couple small schools in the 60-70' foot range with down lined herring.

Hyper Sniper

Awesome job Alex! You have indeed become very proficient with your striper fishing. I am very proud of your prowess and shows you listen and apply, Great Job buddy.

Ahab

Great weekend for you, congrats! I fished Sunday morning and found one 8# striper on the south end of the lake around 10:00am. This wouldn't be anything too special normally, but it capped off a day that started with running out of gas at 7:00am (don't judge!) and having to limp back to the dock with the trolling motor, which took 2 hrs. By 9:00am I was back in action and found a couple small schools in the 60-70' foot range with down lined herring.

I think fish caught on days like that are some of the most memorable one can ever catch.

Ahab

Awesome job Alex! You have indeed become very proficient with your striper fishing. I am very proud of your prowess and shows you listen and apply, Great Job buddy.

Well, I learned from some of the best fishermen anywhere. Thank you for all the knowledge you've shared with me, I'll never forget.

Zebco 33

Nice walleye!!!

Good bunch of stripers too.

Troutman3000

So what flouro are you using now? I always like to hear new things about terminal tackle.

Ahab

I did get video of it all, need to cut and splice it all together, staying off the water for a week so that'll give me time to get it done and post here.

Jason, I switched to 12# FC Sniper, that is seriously strong line.

Troutman3000

I did get video of it all, need to cut and splice it all together, staying off the water for a week so that'll give me time to get it done and post here.

Jason, I switched to 12# FC Sniper, that is seriously strong line.

I like that stuff - I have a huge spool of 14 that I use in the spring I need to switch to 12 or 10 for the summer time bite.