Lanier last night 5/7/17

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Got to the water and fished from the bank about 5pm. No action. Too much wind to throw a fluke, the big bow in the line kept making it rise up. Found not a single fish on the usual riprap bank so went to a new spot about 6:30. Still, no bites. Then, about 7:30, things got interesting! All of a sudden, bluegills and sunfish started sipping bugs off the surface all over the entire shoreline as far as you could see. Occasional blowup from a bass here and there. The lower the sun got, the more things heated up. Caught a mess of panfish, a couple spots, and one monster spot which is my new PB. Fish turned out to measure 19 1/2 inches and just under 5lbs. As usual, the RICO and the Yellow Magic were the best top waters, all other fish were caught on a lipless crank. Lucky craft LV200 in pearl threadfin shad color. Broke it off on the next cast after the big one facepalm: guess I'll be buying two more! Caught them until it got dark after 9pm and they quit. If you go, fish early or late. Midday, you'll probably only find them deep or under docks.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Money bait

This was the magic lure! I used the regular version, but there is a spinner blade version also. Used other lipless baits with no results. This is why I sometimes buy premium lures. No bites with a pop-r and just one on a rattlin rap, but 2 fish on a yellow magic, missed 3 with a RICO and caught 2 with the LV200. I believe that the LV200 being designed for pressured fish and having knocker plates instead of rattles helped make the difference. I'd spend 15.99 again for those results!

Attachments

• threadfin-shad.jpg
    threadfin-shad.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 364
  • LV200Spin.jpg
    LV200Spin.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 364

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Toad spotties

Here's the big one. Sorry it's in the dark. Tried to lip him in the water to keep him clean but some of that red clay stuck to him even in the shallow water.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_205849.jpg
    IMG_20170507_205849.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20170507_205809.jpg
    IMG_20170507_205809.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 341

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Rod: 7'9 MH Blair Wiggins flats blue casting rod
Reel: Okuma stratus V
Line: 12lb sufix pro mix mono
Leader: 14lb berkely Vanish fluorocarbon.