Lanier Monday 3/24

Hyper Sniper

Well I got to fish on Friday and ended up with 4 nice stripes from 14lbs to 25lbs then got only 2 on Saturday in the Tournament...lol
Then Monday I got back out with my son and his girl friend looking to try and get them on some big fish.

We had a slow bite for the most part but got 4 and had one big fish on for a while that probably ran 300' out and surged and straightened the hook out like a bobby pin.

This was sad because my son has wanted to get one over 25lbs for a number of years. He has been hooked up with some very big fish, and he does a great job of handling them. But for some reason or another things always go awry, so he will have to just keep trying until it finally happens.
As you guys and gals have seen there has been a few beasts caught the last month, and will continue for another 3 to 4 weeks. This is the time to put the big girl in the boat, but you will have to do a good job of angling, tying knots and some luck to land one of these beasts/ They do not just come in and lay back. You must have a lot go right to land big stripers along with some luck as well.
Like I told him they are big trophy fish and they are worth the wait and work in order to win, because these fish are MEAN!!! Get out and go for it.:cheers:

Attachments

• DSCN1649.jpg
    DSCN1649.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN1652.jpg
    DSCN1652.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 599
  • DSCN1654.jpg
    DSCN1654.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 600
  • DSCN1655.jpg
    DSCN1655.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCN1658.jpg
    DSCN1658.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCN1656.jpg
    DSCN1656.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 516

jerseycat9

Yep lots of luck indeed! I've spent a lot of time this winter with my head in my hands on the side rail of my boat thinking of all the things I had done wrong.

You still caught some really nice ones though!

FMBear

Those are some fine fish, Dan! No doubt plenty of great times being shared!

Hope you get some time to chase some turkeys soon in between chasing those stripes!

Wheeler2

Awesome time with your son. He will look back on this someday and tell stories about fishing with you. Priceless!!

Ahab

Proof that the best things in life are worth the wait. I don't think this thing we do would be as special were it accompanied by instant gratification as is everything else these days. Great reflection about big fish, Dan.

Hyper Sniper

Thanks so much guys! Fred I do hope to get out and chase the thunderchicken's.
It is a special time, too spend quality time with family and friends.

Hyper Sniper

Proof that the best things in life are worth the wait. I don't think this thing we do would be as special were it accompanied by instant gratification as is everything else these days. Great reflection about big fish, Dan.

Thanks Alex, that is a great point that you make regarding instant gratification. The world is into having things right now...thanks for pointing that out, you are so correct. Like most GREAT things in life, GOOD things happen to those who work hard and is patient while having passion in our endeavor!:flag: