Lanier - My Thumbs are Raw!

Thread starter #1

Lanier Jim

Killed them today...I stopped counting at 25-26....first stop, 12 fish with a Blue/White Bullet near me. If that was you, you should have come said hello and dropped alongside HUGE school - all cookie cutter 2#-2.5# fish. LJ's Obsession and LJ's Passion - add in some Lanier Candy...did the damage all day!

Unreal day for dropping...bright skies - topwater bite dead - DS bite hot! Fish were right on ledges again...22'-27' deep...RIGHT ON THE LEDGE?DROP OFF. When you see the bottom start widening out, you're on it. Half the cone on top of ledge - the other half going deeper down it...thus the wide looking bottom slanting down on the sonar.

No fat girls today - just a ton of strong spots. LJ

Attachments

Thread starter #3

Lanier Jim

LoL....it was a nice looking boat! The guy was on the phone a lot - still should have eased over....there were so many fish in that school it was scary. I should have taken a pic of the screen but I was a little busy :)

LJ

Hookum

Not my Bullet!

Top water ain't dead yet! ;)

Thread starter #5

Lanier Jim

Topwater was dead for me Sunday...slick surface. You probably could have called up a couple.

Topwater was dead for me Sunday...slick surface. You probably could have called up a couple.
We tried, had a few roll on the bait, but no takers. It was more active earlier in the day when the wind was up. Once it went calm they went down deeper.

Thread starter #7

Lanier Jim

I couldn't get them to come up all day...topwater, jerkbait, swimbait....nothing.

LJ

I couldn't get them to come up all day...topwater, jerkbait, swimbait....nothing.

LJ
Good looking bass there Jim. We've experienced the same for the last 5 days. I can't find a topwater bite right now. I had to resort to my old faithful and troll cranks. We did pretty good with numbers on the cranks but only a couple on the surface. We need a drop in barometric pressure for a good surface bite.imho

Last edited: