Lanier - My Thumbs are Raw!

Lanier Jim

Killed them today...I stopped counting at 25-26....first stop, 12 fish with a Blue/White Bullet near me. If that was you, you should have come said hello and dropped alongside HUGE school - all cookie cutter 2#-2.5# fish. LJ's Obsession and LJ's Passion - add in some Lanier Candy...did the damage all day!

Unreal day for dropping...bright skies - topwater bite dead - DS bite hot! Fish were right on ledges again...22'-27' deep...RIGHT ON THE LEDGE?DROP OFF. When you see the bottom start widening out, you're on it. Half the cone on top of ledge - the other half going deeper down it...thus the wide looking bottom slanting down on the sonar.

No fat girls today - just a ton of strong spots. LJ

Attachments

• 1019141010.jpg
    1019141010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 972
  • 1019141034.jpg
    1019141034.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 976

Lanier Jim

LoL....it was a nice looking boat! The guy was on the phone a lot - still should have eased over....there were so many fish in that school it was scary. I should have taken a pic of the screen but I was a little busy :)

LJ

Hookum

Not my Bullet!

Top water ain't dead yet! ;)

Lanier Jim

Topwater was dead for me Sunday...slick surface. You probably could have called up a couple.

Lanier Jim

I couldn't get them to come up all day...topwater, jerkbait, swimbait....nothing.

LJ

Scout'nStripers

I couldn't get them to come up all day...topwater, jerkbait, swimbait....nothing.

LJ

Good looking bass there Jim. We've experienced the same for the last 5 days. I can't find a topwater bite right now. I had to resort to my old faithful and troll cranks. We did pretty good with numbers on the cranks but only a couple on the surface. We need a drop in barometric pressure for a good surface bite.imho

Last edited: