Lanier report 2/12 w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I finally got to go out on Monday with my buddy Jimbo on Lanier. I'm still healing from surgery so I hadn't really been bass fishing in about a month. We were mainly looking for a good pattern to work these fish with. We stayed in the creeks because the water temps were a little warmer. We managed to find a few but nothing real big. Most of our fish came mid creek where the water temps were the warmest (53-54). I think we probably caught 7-8 fish and all of them were shallow fish. If this warming trend continues I believe we'll see more and more fish staging on secondary points leading into spawning areas. There are a few types of baits I like best during this period. My favorite is the crankbait on rocky secondary points. I also like jigs and the shakey head. I would recommend reds and oranges for the color on the crankbaits and jigs right now. This is the time of year the crawfish molt and those red and orange colors work about the best during this period. Here's a few pics from Monday. Also wanted to give a shout out to my friend Amanda who lives in the creek and fishes off her dock. She just messaged me and sent a couple pictures of her personal best spotted bass caught about an hour ago on one of my little shad cranks. WTG Amanda!

Attachments

• IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,000
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 999
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Amanda1.jpg
    Amanda1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 999
  • Amanda.jpg
    Amanda.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 998
Last edited:

jocko755

Awesome,

Continue healing!

Good to see Jimbo, hope he posts reports here like he used to on BFHP, before it ceased.

Love the reports! Keep them coming. Oh yeah, congrats on the cover! Cool.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks Jocko. I'm just taking it easy till next week. The BFL comes to Lanier next weekend and I'll be fishing as a boater in that. Jimbo is still kickin like a chicken. We did a great seminar last month and had a turn out of over 100 fishermen. You should have been there. LJ, myself, Jimbo and Kevin Stowers from Superspin all gave a presentation.

Last edited:

jocko755

Thanks Jocko. I'm just taking it easy till next week. The BFL comes to Lanier next weekend and I'll be fishing as a boater in that. Jimbo is still kickin like a chicken. We did a great seminar last month and had a turn out of over 100 fishermen. You should have been there. LJ, myself, Jimbo and Kevin Stowers from Superspin all gave a presentation.

That's me - always missing out. All Star cast, I bet it was epic! Where was it? Hammonds? Sorry I missed that one. Did LJ talk about spybaits?

Good luck on the BFL. Catch 5 big ones! Get 5 spots in the box then head up stream and find some largemouth!

Scout'nStripers

Good report. I'm glad to hear that you're healing alright. Congrats to your friend on her new PB too.

Some nice Alabama bass right there
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words.

That's me - always missing out. All Star cast, I bet it was epic! Where was it? Hammonds? Sorry I missed that one. Did LJ talk about spybaits?

Good luck on the BFL. Catch 5 big ones! Get 5 spots in the box then head up stream and find some largemouth!
Thanks Jocko. I'll try my best to get 5 good ones. The seminar was epic. We had it at a school meeting room over in Johns Creek. Jimbo's wife served breakfast and lunch. LJ talked about spybaiting and the drop shot and I covered cranking the pre-spawn, shad spawn and the emerald popper.

Scout'nStripers

Oh man.... that was epic. Where was it advertised?
Mostly on social media sites like Facebook and Jimbo's web page. We had a pretty cool flyer. We talked about plans for the next one when we were out on Monday. We should have a whole new venue and we'll start advertising it in Oct.

Scout'nStripers

Good to see you back at it. Nice write up in GON. I might hit the water tomorrow or Friday. :flag:
Thanks littlejon! Be sure and check out a few of those waypoints if you can. They are good producers in Feb and March. I gave them some of LJ's favorites....LOL

Teh Wicked

Jim, Are you participating in the FLW Event in March?

Scout'nStripers

Jim, Are you participating in the FLW Event in March?
I wish I was Wicked. I wonder if they still have some openings for co's. They did a couple weeks ago but I'm going to be at my old stomping grounds down in Louisiana catching redfish with my son for his birthday that weekend.

littlejon

Thanks littlejon! Be sure and check out a few of those waypoints if you can. They are good producers in Feb and March. I gave them some of LJ's favorites....LOL

lol, I know of one of them, LJ showed me. I'll be looking over my shoulder, seems like last year every time I looked up, across or behind me that joker was fishing with a client near me. :cheers:

Coenen

Nice report. That third fish looks kinda washed out though, funny for a spot. :bounce:

Small world, I've met Amanda too, she's got the magic touch for real. Off the dock, off the bank, whatever, girl catches the snot out of fish. If she had a boat it'd be downright unfair.

Scout'nStripers

Nice report. That third fish looks kinda washed out though, funny for a spot. :bounce:

Small world, I've met Amanda too, she's got the magic touch for real. Off the dock, off the bank, whatever, girl catches the snot out of fish. If she had a boat it'd be downright unfair.
Thanks Coenen. We caught a few of those washed out spots...LOL
Amanda is great angler. I met her about a year ago while I was fishing in her bay. She was catching stripers off the bank in her pajamas throwing a spoon at dawn. I hooked her up with a few of my cranks and she's been doing great with them.

Tigerbass

1. Glad you are healing up, Jim!

2. Nice fish caught by Amanda!

3. Just picked up this months GON. Looking forward to the hot spots article.

4. Why did you let Jimbo hold all of your fish for pictures????::ke:
(In the future you should let Amanda hold the fish. She's better looking than Jimbo!!!)

Scout'nStripers

1. Glad you are healing up, Jim!

2. Nice fish caught by Amanda!

3. Just picked up this months GON. Looking forward to the hot spots article.

4. Why did you let Jimbo hold all of your fish for pictures????::ke:
(In the future you should let Amanda hold the fish. She's better looking than Jimbo!!!)
Thanks Tigerbass. I gotta say that Jimbo did most all the catching. I was just there as Jimbo's personal photographer and for cheerleading purposes. Yes, Amanda is much better looking than ole Jimbo. Here's a few more recent pics from Amanda. She caught a nice striper last week off the 1.5 shad crank and a couple pics from earlier this winter using another one of my 1.5 cranks off here dock.

Attachments

• amamnda 5.jpg
    amamnda 5.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 614
  • amanda 3.jpg
    amanda 3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 615
  • amanda 4.jpg
    amanda 4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 615

Rabun

Glad you're getting back on the water Scout'n...great therapy right there! Looking good on that cover!