Lanier Striper Club Announcement

Tom Blackburn

Professional fishing guides, Jeff Blair and Stephen Knight, will be our featured speakers at our January 6th meeting which will be held at the former site of Hammonds Fishing Center. Other pertinent information such as the time of the meeting will be announced as we get closer to the sixth.

Ahab

Starting the year with a bang, can't wait for this one!

brett30030

I think i will pass, those two don't know anything about striper fishing. Why don't you get someone to come and talk about the best bobber fishing techniques or the best way to hook a cricket instead?

suuntov

Sweet. My work schedule just flipped and I'm finally able to attend one of these meetings. Looking forward to it.

mslynng

I am excited to hear what they have to say! I will definitely be there!

Dirk

I think i will pass, those two don't know anything about striper fishing. Why don't you get someone to come and talk about the best bobber fishing techniques or the best way to hook a cricket instead?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This might be one of the better meetings, though all I have been to have been very informative. If Stephen Knight is who I think he is, he is one of the few fishermen to have caught a 40+ lber on Lanier this Fall, along with who knows how many 20+ lbers.

Jeff Blair's we all know about, and he has major skills for several species, especially Stripers and Crappie. I have sent potential clients wanting to catch Lanier Stripers to Jeff WITH CONFIDENCE that they were not only going to catch fish, but have a great time and possibly catch a trophy Stripe.

Hoping to make this meeting as I am sure there will be some good info shared by some good guys. I am bad to forget though so hope someone will update this thread like a couple days before.

SBCC event on Hartwell

Tom,

Will you tell the members at the January meeting about our upcoming SBCC Open Striper Tournaments on Hartwell on 1/10/2015, Murray on 3/21/2015, Lanier on 4/25/2015, and Clarks Hill on 5/30/2015. They can get more information on the SBCC website at www.StripedBassCC.org or by looking on the GON tournament forum. I can also email you with tournament information if you want it just let me know by either text me or email me at SCStriper1@aol.com.

Thanks,
Warren

brett30030

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This might be one of the better meetings, though all I have been to have been very informative. If Stephen Knight is who I think he is, he is one of the few fishermen to have caught a 40+ lber on Lanier this Fall, along with who knows how many 20+ lbers.

Jeff Blair's we all know about, and he has major skills for several species, especially Stripers and Crappie. I have sent potential clients wanting to catch Lanier Stripers to Jeff WITH CONFIDENCE that they were not only going to catch fish, but have a great time and possibly catch a trophy Stripe.

Hoping to make this meeting as I am sure there will be some good info shared by some good guys. I am bad to forget though so hope someone will update this thread like a couple days before.

LOL, you read thru my elaborate ruse! :bounce:

Tom Blackburn

Pertinent Details for Meeting

Our January 6 meeting will kick-off at 6:00 P.M. with a catered meal from Moe's Southwest Grill. Opening remarks, guest recognition, etc. will take place from 6:30 to 6:45. Jeff and Stephen will provide comments and take questions from the audience between 6:45 and 8:00. We meet at the former location of the Hammonds Fishing Center - intersection of Hwys 306 and 369.

Worley

Meeting

Should be a great night, and maybe Jeff will share a side note about a few of them crappie he's catching in Flat Creek...;)

ScootZu

Is it free to attend? and would I be able to record the valuable informations on my phone in case I forget something. Thanks.

Tom Blackburn

Attendance is free. Cost of meal is $5. We never record anyone's presentation without their consent; I would suggest that you ask Jeff and Stephen for their permission to record their presentation.

Zebco 33

What a way to end a day of fishing. For the first time in a while i'm in.

brianj

Out of curiosity, what sort of attendance to you typically have at the meetings? Lanier's a bit of a haul for me, but sounds like you all have a great club and share some great information. I hope I can make it one day.

Thanks

brett30030

50-60, i'd expect 80 for this meeting, probably standing room only

Tom Blackburn

Our Club has a Mentoring Program for folks who want to learn more about the different methods for catching Striped Bass. Some opted for Umbrella Rig trolling; I think the pictures speak to their success!

Considering Moe's raised it catering prices, we opted for Panda Express for our January meeting.

Attachments

• PC190934.jpg
    PC190934.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 393
  • PC150930.jpg
    PC150930.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 385
  • PC290954.jpg
    PC290954.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 397
  • PC260946.jpg
    PC260946.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 398
  • PC300964.jpg
    PC300964.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 402

Scout'nStripers

Now that's a motley looking crew right there Tom.:hair:lol

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great meeting. I'll be on the water tomorrow but I'm going to try a make this one. Man, Jeff and Steve know their stuff and this meeting is going to be one with some invaluable information for stripers. Great line-up Tom!:cheers:

Zebco 33

Finally got a chance to go back to the meeting and picked. Great to one to go to.

It was good to see some familiar faces after a few years too.

For those that missed this meeting really missed it. We had the rare opportunity to listen to 2 of the best on the lake in a great Q/A format.

Striper Steve and Jeff Blair shared a ton of knowledge with roughly 70 fishermen. These 2 guys have it going on in ways that most fishermen would never think about.

If you want to learn something about fishing this lake for striped bass.. 2 things you need to do. Join this club and learn or book a trip with Steve or Jeff.

See for yourself. you only stand a chance to catch more fish.

jerseycat9

Lots of good questions were asked and lots of good answers and insight was given. Plus I got to put a lot of faces to the name last night.