Lanier Stripers

Fireaway

I managed four this morning. I can't figure out how to keep catching them later in the day though. Anybody have tips to keep the hookups coming after lunch?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,023

jgoins

We have the same problem. We caught 5 Saturday from daybreak to about 10am and then nothing. Great quality of fish though. All of them were 10 to 14lbs.

Klag

Haha, same here - bite over by 9am.

I have that same problem on all the lakes I visit though... when the sun comes up I donno where the fish go or what they do.

FMBear

Experienced the same on Monday. Hoping to get an afternoon trip to check out the bite after 5pm in the next couple of days.

BendItBig

x2 Weight your lines. If you are fishing in the backs of the creeks start moving out to the secondary points or towards the mouth.

Khondker

Boat angler here have a question, can I catch from the pier in the morning if I use blueback herring?

Thanks in advance.

StriperrHunterr

Boat angler here have a question, can I catch from the pier in the morning if I use blueback herring?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't have to be a BB, but depending on pier location, time of year and some other factors you should be able to pull at least one every now and again.

fishingguy61

Thanks in advance.

Since you like to fish up at Don Carter, I'm assuming you're talking about the fishing dock up there. Never hear of anyone catching stripers off of that dock, just lots of crappie and cats as you already know.

Have you tried the place with the free parking next to Buford Dam? That's probably your best bet for stripers from the bank using bluebacks.

Khondker

Since you like to fish up at Don Carter, I'm assuming you're talking about the fishing dock up there. Never hear of anyone catching stripers off of that dock, just lots of crappie and cats as you already know.

Have you tried the place with the free parking next to Buford Dam? That's probably your best bet for stripers from the bank using bluebacks.

I caught few baby striper at Don Carter on crappie minnow.

Buford Dam park has two fishing piers, going to try there, never fished there before.

StriperrHunterr

I caught few baby striper at Don Carter on crappie minnow.

Buford Dam park has two fishing piers, going to try there, never fished there before.

Your best chance down there is dead of winter for them to come up close enough to the banks. Right now they're more northerly. That's not saying you won't get lucky, but the numbers just aren't on your side right now.