Lanier this past Friday

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Got out on Sid this past Friday with my son. It was a beautiful day on the lake and a little chilly in the shade.

However, my son landed his personal best fish Friday and he's still talking about it.

We had been fishing ledges and we went to try out a spot that has been good to me over the last couple of months. I made a few cast into a brush pile and came up empty. That little knuckle head throws in there behind me.

I hear him say, "Dad, I am hung on a rock!" I spun around and I said, "There aren't any rocks in here son! Set the hook!!!" :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Then the fight was on. I wish I could have gotten video of him fighting the fish and the hook set. It is something I will never forget.

As you can see in the picture, Ryan's shaky head was the ticket with a green finesse worm.

Attachments

• JM_Largemouth.jpg
    JM_Largemouth.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 655

61BelAir

Congratulations to your little man. That's so much better than getting a big one yourself. Looks like the lake is way down.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Congratulations to your little man. That's so much better than getting a big one yourself. Looks like the lake is way down.

Thanks! The lake is way down.

We put in at Old Federal and only one of the ramps is open. I had to go around the hump there and beach the boat on the side where the ramps are closed, it's deeper there and good for beaching the boat.

It's a great time to see the areas you are fishing and catch fish when the lake is up.