Lanier week ending 23 September

shadow2

Weekly report:

For those of you headed out this weekend, here is a roll up of what has worked over the past week. The fishing has been up and down, with a couple of good days, and a couple of ok days. I’d rate it as fair to good, but on an upward track.

The afternoon water temps on the main lake peaked at 84.5 earlier this week. As I type this, I’m seeing 81 on my bow Lowrance. The lake is 2.85 ft below full pool.

I’ve focused on TW most of the week, with the secondary focus being a jig. For the first time in a few weeks, the humps in the 1st 1/2 of the creeks produced better than the points.

I’m rotating between a 95 series Gunfish and a chug bug. Typical for Lanier, one will out produce the other at times. As I have mentioned earlier, the key this week was not to over work the baits. A slower cadence for both was important with most of the strikes coming on the pause.

In addition to the topwater, I’ve been tossing a 3/8oz True Grit Tackle jig around on the same areas where I’m throwing TW as well as on some deeper docks and some clay points. While this may not be as exciting as the top water, it is a viable option if you can’t get the fish to come up.

Even when throwing the jig, keep your TW of choice handy. Schools are still coming up, and they are staying up longer giving you more time to pick off one of these fish. Even if they have gone down, it’s worth a cast as some of the fish may still be hanging around.

My website is up and running for those interested in booking a trip. My cell or PM is still the fastest way to reach me. With the cooling temps, the bite should only continue to improve into October.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know. I’ll do my best to get them answered.

I’ll see you on the water.

Jeff.

Attachments

• 7E83CE66-CF8B-4E7B-B867-757D88525A3B.jpeg
    7E83CE66-CF8B-4E7B-B867-757D88525A3B.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 4E1FDFB9-D7F2-4CA2-9127-2FA6B6747941.jpeg
    4E1FDFB9-D7F2-4CA2-9127-2FA6B6747941.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 50

buckbull

Good report. Thanks. I have been tied up with work for the past few weeks. Nice to hear what's happening out there.