Last couple days

Shad30

Very new to trapping and from what i've read you don't do very well on rainy days? I know my traps have been empty for 2 days straight. I knew it was going to rain last night but my son really wanted to go set them. Hopefully we'll have something in them when we go check here shortly.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I hate trapping in the rain
I hate fishing in the rain too
Hunting is no problem

sportsman94

I think it’s like deer hunting and probably most anything else dealing with wild life. It’s all about property and set location. The animals live out there so you can catch them 24/7. With that said, rainy nights for me generally produce an uptick in possum and raccoon catches. I don’t think it’s that the bigger predators don’t move, but the coons and possums move more. I’ve caught enough coyotes and bobcats in the rain to never say never.

furtaker

I think it’s like deer hunting and probably most anything else dealing with wild life. It’s all about property and set location. The animals live out there so you can catch them 24/7. With that said, rainy nights for me generally produce an uptick in possum and raccoon catches. I don’t think it’s that the bigger predators don’t move, but the coons and possums move more. I’ve caught enough coyotes and bobcats in the rain to never say never.
I've noticed the same thing. Coons and possums love nasty, rainy, foggy nights.