Last Couple of Nights

ryork

Little bit of Thai and Filipino action going on..........

Used some leftover scallops in a dish night before last. Seared off the scallops in a pan, removed them, and then added some onions, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno that had been ran through the blender. Added soy sauce, a dash of fish sauce, tomatoes, okra, a little chicken stock and coconut milk. Let all that cook down for a while and then added the scallops right at the end. Served with some rice and cilantro.

Last night made some Filipino Chicken Adobo. Simple and man was this good!!!!! Let some chicken thighs marinate in a mixture of nothing but soy sauce and white vinegar along with some garlic, ginger and bay leaves. Put all of that in a pan and let the chicken cook in the marinade. Took the chicken out, drained it, and added some cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce for a while, and then put the chicken back in the pan. Served that along with some mango salad (mango, bean sprouts, onion, green onion, garlic, basil, mint, cilantro, peanuts and sesame with a dressing of lime juice, fish sauce, peanut oil, chili saunce and vinegar). 8-14 (1).jpg8-14 (2).jpg8-14 (3).jpg8-14 (3).jpg8-14 (4).jpg8-14 (5).jpg8-14 (6).jpg8-14 (7).jpg8-14 (8).jpg8-14 (9).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is top-shelf eats for sure. Looks great!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
You got it going on, ryork!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Dang boy. I believe you could cook a piece of granite rock and it would be tender and delicious. That right there is head banging all the way off the chain good. I don't know how you could improve on it.

P.S. I'll be the first to be willing to try your granite rock.:rockon:

ryork

Dang boy. I believe you could cook a piece of granite rock and it would be tender and delicious. That right there is head banging all the way off the chain good. I don't know how you could improve on it.

P.S. I'll be the first to be willing to try your granite rock.:rockon:

Thanks!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Little bit of Thai and Filipino action going on..........

Used some leftover scallops in a dish night before last. Seared off the scallops in a pan, removed them, and then added some onions, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno that had been ran through the blender. Added soy sauce, a dash of fish sauce, tomatoes, okra, a little chicken stock and coconut milk. Let all that cook down for a while and then added the scallops right at the end. Served with some rice and cilantro.

Last night made some Filipino Chicken Adobo. Simple and man was this good!!!!! Let some chicken thighs marinate in a mixture of nothing but soy sauce and white vinegar along with some garlic, ginger and bay leaves. Put all of that in a pan and let the chicken cook in the marinade. Took the chicken out, drained it, and added some cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce for a while, and then put the chicken back in the pan. Served that along with some mango salad (mango, bean sprouts, onion, green onion, garlic, basil, mint, cilantro, peanuts and sesame with a dressing of lime juice, fish sauce, peanut oil, chili saunce and vinegar). View attachment 979695View attachment 979696View attachment 979697View attachment 979698View attachment 979699View attachment 979700View attachment 979701View attachment 979702View attachment 979703View attachment 979704

Wow!!!!!