Last shoot of the first season

SC Hunter

I joined South Ga Dove Club this year and I haven't been let down so far. We had a good shoot yesterday afternoon on a cut corn field. My buddy who I took as a guest and I did decent once we both got dialed in. I had a limit and he had 10 or so. He could have killed a limit but was ready to go watch the second half of the Ga game, by that point I was playing bird boy for him. I had several birds that I hit hard the first shot that took another one to knock down but I still enjoy shooting my 20 gauge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-154313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-154313_Gallery.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 75

SC Hunter

That's a purdy sight
The first hour or so of shooting I thought it was going to be a long long day. I was doing horrible. Once I got dialed in it was game on.

ugajay

I know how that is. Opening day I shot 17 times and picked up the limit. I thought I had it all figured out. A week later I went and got my limit again, with 2 and a half boxes of shells lol

SC Hunter

If I go enough, sooner or later I`m bound to get in the right spot!

I like getting by some type of structure ie pivots or a corner of the field. I like to get in a little valley on a field and alot of times have good success. Immediately when I pull up to a field I start looking for 3 places where I want to sit.

Turkeytider

I like getting by some type of structure ie pivots or a corner of the field. I like to get in a little valley on a field and alot of times have good success. Immediately when I pull up to a field I start looking for 3 places where I want to sit.

Thank you sir. I know that dead trees and power lines are good to be positioned around, but often none or not many of those in or near the fields that I`ve hunted with the club. I`ve usually ended up out in the middle of one of Ray`s monster sized fields and/or in a position where birds have to run a gauntlet to get anywhere close to me. They most often don`t make it or are at about 15,000 ft. by the time they do. I definitely need to read the fields better. Valleys,corners, close to tree lines I guess (?).

SC Hunter

Thank you sir. I know that dead trees and power lines are good to be positioned around, but often none or not many of those in or near the fields that I`ve hunted with the club. I`ve usually ended up out in the middle of one of Ray`s monster sized fields and/or in a position where birds have to run a gauntlet to get anywhere close to me. They most often don`t make it or are at about 15,000 ft. by the time they do. I definitely need to read the fields better. Valleys,corners, close to tree lines I guess (?).
I like to get 75 yards or so off a treeline if I'm on an edge. I don't like shooting them flying away from me. Valleys are good. I really like corners. My dad used to host bird shoots when we were growing up and I learned alot about reading fields doing that. If there is a noticeable ridge in the field I like to get on the slope some.