last trip of year...IL from the tree!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok folks this is it! Me and bubbabuck are rolling through nashville on the way to southern IL to try and arrow a few more deer.

Bubba has a buck tag and a few doe tags and I have a few doe tags...thats right my buck tag was filled back in nov!!!:p ...so hopefully we will get on them.

BTW we would be a lot further north except that bubba spent an hour and 40 mins sitting at a stand still on 75 north this morn while 2 tractor trailers were laying mangled in front of him! Hopefully thats not an omen

Yall wish us luck.

Later

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Foreman, I think we are coming home on monday. Ok gotta quit posting cause BB is whing that he needs some sleep and I gotta drive

sawyerrt10

Good Luck! take plenty of pics!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Really wishun gary wasnt so late...dead still in nashville

0109090806a.jpg

turk2di

Foreman, I think we are coming home on monday. Ok gotta quit posting cause BB is whing that he needs some sleep and I gotta drive

Good luck. A reminder: If you kill a big buck, be carefull in grabbing or dragging b4u check to make sure his antlers are not close to comming off!

QTurn

Tell Joe I said hello and to save me one for later this year!!

Good luck guys!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok first eve. We are settled in and waiting on the deer.

I am sitting in a 20ft ladder on a lil beat down turnip patch between a lil crp field and a cut corn field. As always up here the tracks are covering every inch of dirt!

Its 40 degrees with a 10mph sse wind.

Bubba is about 200 yards away to my right in a tight wood lot with more crp in front of him.

Hang on I will check in asap

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
1st deer of trip. Lone doe just stepped out of far woodlot @ about 500 yards away. She is feeding on beans it looks like

QTurn

Gun or bow?

Jeff Phillips

JT - Are you on the ladder in the ditch close to where I spent the 1st 2 days hunting?

Ought to be plenty in there! Get em boys:bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

Surprised ya'll got there so fast, esp. after the N'ville traffic jam. Hope ya'll get a bunch of good chances to fill your tags & that the wind settles down enough to shoot some straight arrows.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Artie, its bow.

Jeff...yep same area.

Doe is still over there eating like mad:p