Last Warning Folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
A few of you seem to have a problem reading the forum rules for this forum prior to posting threads.

This forum is strictly for forum members seeking full time employment and employers seeking employees. It is not intended to advertise your business services and products or to look for someone to come do an odd job for you.

Up to now I have just been deleting violator's threads. From here on out violator's start getting "speeding tickets".

In short, read the rules before you post. That goes for every forum on the board, not just this one. Forum specific rules are spelled out clearly in "Sticky" threads at the top of each forum just like this one. You can't miss them.

GAcarver

Just a question, but isn't someone looking for someone to do odd jobs considered an employer? Plus it might help someone out who needs the money. Just asking.

Thank you.

Georgia Hard Hunter

I don't think anyone has a problem with that in fact I think that would be welcomed. There has been several posts that are from people with businesses and are using this forum to advertise for jobs. While this is keeping people working the intent as I see it is to try to get out of work people and jobs together.....Sorry Elfiii if I overstepped my bounds or got it wrong.

bnew17

so i guess if im looking for someone to do an odd job for me (such as what i posted looking for someone to clear out a beaver pond) then im in looking on GON. Sorry i broke the roles.

Last edited by a moderator:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just a question, but isn't someone looking for someone to do odd jobs considered an employer? Plus it might help someone out who needs the money. Just asking.

Thank you.

No. They are looking for someone to do odd jobs. That is not an employment relationship. That is a temporary Principal/Agent relationship. Those threads need to be posted in the Campfire forum.;)

Just to clarify, If you are not looking to hire somebody (either full time or part time), have them fill out withholding tax forms, withhold taxes, pay them a regular paycheck and do all the other things an employer usually does, you are not an employer for purposes of this forum.

If you are not seeking a job where you will be treated as an "employee" pursuant to the above, you are not an employee for purposes of this forum.

The one exception to this general rule is commissioned sales positions. That doesn't mean if you are an Amway distributor you can advertise to add folks to your downline. That is not an employment situation. That is a self employment situation and constitutes commercial advertising which is prohibited pursuant to the general rule against it here:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=350414

crackerdave

Wow,Lee. You really do know all th' facts!:)

Seriously - I really appreciate this forum.It's been a big help for me.

merc123

I was just wondering why mine got deleted. This explains it :) Sorry, didn't read it completely.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts