Late Summer, Early Fall Practice Strategies

CaptainSolo

Just got back from another season guiding in Alaska, and now I have the next Bassmaster Open on Douglas coming up, and possibly a two day BFL on Watts Bar (if I fail to fish the final day of the Open).

If I do end of fishing the BFL, I unfortunately wont have any practice for it, and the last time I was on Watts was November last year.

This time of year it can be hard to narrow down where to focus without practice, because it's transitioning from summer patterns to fall, but considering the night temps arent dipping down too low, it may just remain in full summer patterns. In a situation like this, I usually tend to stick with my strengths and focus on one prominent creek or bay that has alot of spawning habitat, then I start at the summertime structure on the main river, and work my way in towards the creeks, where the fish will likely be getting into the fall.

I would really like to hear the strategies that you guys use to break down a lake with limited to no practice time!

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

LTZ25

I've fished Watts Bar for a few years and I usually had good luck on lower end on the lake first stretch of docks above the dam and bank going back north , start 500 yards before big community docks and fish he whole area for about a mile or so up lake , keep fishing way past where the docks end , up past the first 3 coves . Mostly SM but can get some good LM especially in the coves . That area before the community dock is deep , I did well in that area with seiko up against the rock bank .