Lathem Lately?

dank1296

Any fellow slow boaters wanna hit Lathem or Mary Alice Park Monday for a few hours around 900 after sun gets up good.

RamblinWreck

Think of taking the fast boat to Oconee Monday. Since I got it, the NuCanoe has stayed dry and lonely.

RamblinWreck

Don't worry, I'll be back on Lathem for the crappie and cracker spawns!

dank1296

Well first time ever fishing Lathem on a weekend. Pulled into the lot and to my surprise at 9:00 am it was packed.There was a tournament going on with all kinda fancy bass boats with 3-4 trolling motors attached plus some assorted jonboats. They were already at it so i unloaded the solo skiff and headed out. Ended up catching seven bass and one crappie drop shot shiners. Fish were deep 30-50 feet for me. Water temp was 42-46 light breeze nice day for 2-2. Tourny winner took 5 fish 17 lbs not a bad average.

Attachments

• IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2082.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 6

dank1296

Not Lathem or Lanier but knew theyd be biting on the 20 acre lake on some family land in Warren County. Caught dozen crappie half dozen bass and bream. THought even heard a far off gobble.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2099.JPG
    IMG_2099.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2101.JPG
    IMG_2101.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 7

dank1296

Hit Lathem yesterday about 8 others fishing. Upper end was dingy main lake clear. Had 2 bites and caught both 1 crappie 1 bass. Talk to one guy said he caught a 3lb spot and 4lb LM. Im ready for spring.

weagle

Looks like the catching was pretty good at Lathem yesterday. I got there really late to test a trolling motor and there was a bass tournament ending:

52926421_10158393432409768_5662820088063983616_n.jpg

Mickey Flatshoals

7lb’er out of Lathem and it’s not even spring. I can’t wait for the water to warm up a few degrees. I hit Bull Sluice and Sweetwater last week and got skunked. Water was muddy!

RamblinWreck

Still got this dang aircast on my foot, so no kayaking for me another 3 weeks. Maybe the 'crackers will be bedding by then. @weagle : did you note the water temp?

SeaGhost130

I went out for 4 hours today, caught one spot on wacky rig. Water temp was 50-51 degrees at launch and surrounding areas. North end of the lake was 52-53 degrees.

RamblinWreck

Thanks. Looks like I got another week or two, then. I'll be in the tin boat on Oconee in the meantime. No loose floating docks or closed boat ramps there..