Lathem Lately?

spkoli

Has anyone been there this past week? I'm thinking of going on Sunday and was wondering what the water temp was.

SeaGhost130

Was there on Sunday. North end of the lake was around 58-60 and the other areas anywhere from 55-57. Water was still stained with a foot or less of visibility.

dank1296

Went this morning 10:00 til 2:00 water still stained but appears to be clearing. Caught 5 Bass in cove directlly across from boathouse,an area i usually dont fish. Was drop shoting shiners looking for crappie. None were to be found. Ended with 4 spots 2 LM. Water started at 51 bit was 55 by time i left. Its getting close to being on fire at Lathem.

Attachments

• IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 6

spkoli

I might be heading out there tomorrow.

dank1296

Went yesterday bout 8 other boaters were there. Water still a little dingy 62-65 water temp. Kinda slow 2 nice crappie on drop shot minnows and one spot. Couple other pulls and that was it. Hopefully water clears up and fish turn on.

Attachments

• IMG_3135.JPG
    IMG_3135.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3136.JPG
    IMG_3136.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 1

RamblinWreck

Got my cast off the foot finally, and will be ready for another kind of cast! Like throwing jigs for some of those fat crappie, which I have been unsuccessful at finding on Lanier.

Also looking for another boat, a used jon of around 14' I can fix up into an electric-only fishing platform. I was recently diagnosed with RA in both elbows, so I think my kayak days are over - way too early.

RamblinWreck

Heading to HGL HQL in the AM. Been awhile... not taking a bass rod, period - had enough of them on Lanier lately. I'm fish-hungry. and looking for panfish. Hope to catch some on my new JDM rod that arrived from the land of the rising sun today. Put my best UL reel on it - a Daiwa Luvias 1003 size. Also, I'm using a JDM ester line that breaks at 2.3 lbs and has no stretch whatsoever. I anticipate some cussin', so be warned. :D:whistle:

NuCanoe, old Land Cruiser, gimpy gray-headed old dude.

Last edited:

RamblinWreck

Perfect. What you catch yours on? I'm going by Hammonds for some bait.

RamblinWreck

Yeah, HQL. My bad.

Not sure how one drop shots when the bream are shallow?

I used a red wiggler on a #6 EC rotating hook. No weight. Caught a few of these but they were scattered. Going back tomorrow.
lcrack2.jpg

hopper

Nice. They have some slabs in there. Caught one of the fattest bream in my life on a Senko last year. He was hanging out on a deep ledge blow down close to a swallowing cove.