Learn nymphing tips and techniques Thursday, Oct.21, at 7 p.m. on Zoom!

Steve Hudson

NYMPHING 101
Thursday, Oct. 21, 7-9 p.m. on ZOOM

The votes are in, and flyfishers agree: Nymphing is one of the most effective ways to approach many trout waters!

Would you like to learn more about nymphing techniques and about how you can put them to work too? Then make plans to join me on Thursday, Oct. 21, 7-9 p.m. for an exciting INTRODUCTION TO NYMPHING clinic on Zoom!

This clinic will teach you what you need to know to jump into the exciting world of nymph fishing!

The program is presented in two parts with a break in between.

During the first half of this program, here’s what we’ll cover:

* The nymphing approach – why it’s so effective
* Nymphing gear
* Leaders for nymphing
* Fly selection
* On-stream techniques

During the second portion of this workshop, we’ll actually build some nymphing leaders – including the highly effective tag-end nymphing leader! You’ll learn how easy it is to set up your nymphing leaders for optimum performance, and I am betting this will translate into more success for you on the water!

>>> To get the most out of the hands-on portion of the program, you’ll want to have the following things on hand so you can build your own nymphing rig in real time.

1) Three-pack of 7.5 ft (plus or minus) 5X tapered leaders.
2) Spool of 5X mono tippet material
3) Spool of 6X mono tippet material

4) Two of your favorite nymphs to work with ... maybe one in size 14 and one in size 16. Your choice of patterns!

5) You’ll also need some nippers or nail clippers (for cutting the mono leader material).

Of course, you can also just observe and learn. But there’s nothing like hands-on experience, and we hope you’ll jump right in!

Make plans now to join us for this one-of-a-kind clinic. It’s just the thing to help you get ready for exciting nymph fishing all year long!

ZOOM MEETING INFO:

Date: Thursday, Oct. 21
Time: 7 p.m. Eastern
ZOOM meeting ID: 869 3191 5358
Passcode: Nymphing

Steve Hudson

Good morning! Alas, there's no recording of that one. But there was a lot of interest in doing it again in the next few weeks, and I think that would be fun! I'll post here to let the group know when the next one is scheduled.

Thank you!