Lease Service Website- Hunting Locator.com

JohnnyVegas

Just wanted to share my experience with the lease service website huntinglocator.com. Not sure if anyone has used it, but I paid 349.99 for the Premium Pro membership which promises the service will find you a lease within 30 days or its free. I paid the fee on Jan 22, 2022 and as of today, I've received zero correspondence from the company about a lease nor have they responded to multiple emails and voicemails concerning the status of a lease or my refund. I filed a complaint with the BBB earlier today. Hope I can prevent anyone else from losing money like I have.

specialk

thanks for sharing, hope you get your money back....bunch of scammers out there...

Jim Boyd

I am not second guessing but wouldn’t it be easier to go meet folks - in the exact area you want to hunt - and build a relationship / lease some ground?

Hope they come through for you and are not really a scam.

JohnnyVegas

I am not second guessing but wouldn’t it be easier to go meet folks - in the exact area you want to hunt - and build a relationship / lease some ground?

Hope they come through for you and are not really a scam.
I have met and talked with folks in the area. I do,however, utilize the power of the internet anytime I’m searching for anything. If you’ve been to the site, you’ve seen there are numerous properties advertised as available. I simply wanted exactly what was offered for the fee I paid. They didn’t fulfill their end of the bargain which is wrong any way you look at it.

Chas

I have had the same thing happen, not with this site but disputed it through my bank and got the money back. You should get it back!

Boondocks

Most landowners don't need or want a 3rd.party involved in their leasing.95% of hunting land stays leased every year.Hunters looking for leases only have a 5% of land to choose from if that.It is way better to meet landowner in person.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Have you got on the site and tried to contact any property owners with your premium pro package?

JohnnyVegas

Have you got on the site and tried to contact any property owners with your premium pro package?
Yes. They’ve all been leased up to this point. The package also supposedly includes the option where you pick the properties you are interested in and the site “does all the work for you”. Several of the other outdoor forums I frequent have members who’ve had several issues with hunting locator as well. They guaranteed a property within 30 days or no charge. Just want my money back!

one_shot_no_mor

Just wanted to share my experience with the lease service website huntinglocator.com. Not sure if anyone has used it, but I paid 349.99 for the Premium Pro membership which promises the service will find you a lease within 30 days or its free. I paid the fee on Jan 22, 2022 and as of today, I've received zero correspondence from the company about a lease nor have they responded to multiple emails and voicemails concerning the status of a lease or my refund. I filed a complaint with the BBB earlier today. Hope I can prevent anyone else from losing money like I have.
If you used a credit card you can probably still file a dispute for services not rendered...keep records of all your attempted contacts with the vendor. Thanks for the heads up! Sorry some folks missed the point and need to elevate themselves by bashing others.

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

I have met and talked with folks in the area. I do,however, utilize the power of the internet anytime I’m searching for anything. If you’ve been to the site, you’ve seen there are numerous properties advertised as available. I simply wanted exactly what was offered for the fee I paid. They didn’t fulfill their end of the bargain which is wrong any way you look at it.

Again, I am not second guessing you cause I use the net for everything also.

I did look at the site and what I saw was a lot of ambiguity, old postings, vague cost estimates etc.

Not sure where you want to hunt but I see this all too often, people want to use only the keyboard and hope a great lease is gonna come along.

I went down that road one time only and the property ended up so bad, I never even went to hunt it. Looked great on aerial but it was not a good farm to hunt.

I lease a fair amount of ground in SC and IL and all of it (1150 ac) came via face to face and I am a decade or better on almost all of the land.

I say all of that to say that likely the quality of the lease and the durability of the relationship is likely best driven in a personal manner.

Fully understand your original point - don’t get scammed.

Good luck with it.

Swamper

sounds like a strait up scam...

Mjgray82

I also got scammed by them. Multiple calls and emails with no response. Called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Less than 24 hours later they emailed me saying they would accept the dispute and refund my money. Good luck

JohnnyVegas

I also got scammed by them. Multiple calls and emails with no response. Called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Less than 24 hours later they emailed me saying they would accept the dispute and refund my money. Good luck
Sounds exactly like what happened to me except I’m out $350. Shame you can’t “run into” whoever owns such a sham business that does this to people.

Mjgray82

Agreed. They wouldn’t do this to me if we were face to face. Dispute the charge with your financial institution. Don’t talk to them!!! Provide evidence you tried to contact them to make it right(all of your emails). You’ll get your money back. Best of luck!! I feel you!! It sucks.

Latest posts