Lease

snooker1

Don't know how many of you a members of Base Camp Leasing but my buddy sent me a copy of a lease that posted last night in Jones County. 250 acres leased for 9500.00 a year it was leased within an hour of being posted. Here are some of the requirements for the lease. Maximum of 5 people can hunt it.

* The leasee(s) agree to maintain all food plots, to include either perennial and or annual plantings with appropriate maintenance: herbicide, mowing, disking, harrowing or rototilling. (4 plus acres)

* The leasee(s) may mow, grade or improve roads but may not add, widen or change the course of any existing roadway.

* Deer and turkey lease only.

* 5 bucks and 5 does limit per season, unrecovered wounded deer count toward limit.

* The leasee(s) agree to provide harvest photos of all deer and turkey taken on the lease

Jim Boyd

Makes CMHC seem like a dream lease!

Sounds like someone leased it without looking at it?

Or perhaps knew the property?

Jim Boyd

So each member pays $1900 towards the lease, and can take 1buck and 1doe.

And 50 acres per member.

I don’t know the county but it might be giant buck country!

Jim Boyd

Yep the math still says $38 an acre so who do we blame this on Putin, Covid, or us Florida hunters?

Right or wrong, it is simple supply and demand.

There is no one to blame.

As has always been the case, the only cure for high prices is high prices.

2dye4

It’s only going to get worse as long as there are individuals that pay the crazy prices. I am fortunate to own my land, but I feel for the average hunter that can’t afford these outlandish rates.

Gator89

So. I was at Cripple Creek deer processors with that buck back 2018 and everyone was admiring it. Then a truck came driving in and you could see antler sticking up over the side of the bed. A young man had killed a 17 point with a 20 inch spread and massive beams. They told me to move my truck please.

The 17 point was killed in Jones county.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Buckman18

Wrong! It's always the Florida Hunters Fault... :bounce:

I keep saying it… Our state needs to jack up non res license fees to a minimum of $1500. Cut a bunch of them out.

Our state has enough residents already competing for happy hunting grounds driving the lease prices up.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I keep saying it… Our state needs to jack up non res license fees to a minimum of $1500. Cut a bunch of them out.

Our state has enough residents already competing for happy hunting grounds driving the lease prices up.
It ain't just the Florida hunters. My neighbor is in a club that is $1500 a year with 10 members on 390 acres and the bucks must be mounted if killed. All the folks in it are from Georgia.

Buckman18

It ain't just the Florida hunters. My neighbor is in a club that is $1500 a year with 10 members on 390 acres and the bucks must be mounted if killed. All the folks in it are from Georgia.

My point exactly. Don’t need anyone else.

Wayyyyy too many Yankees and West Coast folks have transplanted to our state since about the time of the Nathan Deal administration.

Latest posts