Lease

DAVE

I looked at that lease when it became available. It is bordered by national forest and private land and Piedmont WMA is across the road. It is not suitable for me but their are plenty of folks that would like it for a personal camp for family and even hunting and $9500 is not an obstacle for most people wanting a personal place for family and friends. The fact that it is surrounded by public property tells me trespassing and theft will be an issue. So although this lease may be paradise to some and even though some disagree, in my opinion Jones county, Ga. deer hunting is mediocre at best and if hunting is sole reason for leasing, $38 an acre plus other requirements is over priced for the average John Doe.

DAVE

I keep saying it… Our state needs to jack up non res license fees to a minimum of $1500. Cut a bunch of them out.

Our state has enough residents already competing for happy hunting grounds driving the lease prices up.
Yes, Georgia needs to separate into zones and hunting license should be sold by address. Example, people in North Georgia above Atlanta should not be allowed to lease property or to hunt outside of their immediate area, really I think hunters should be restricted to the county they live in and not issued a license outside of their area.

Gator89

Yes, Georgia needs to separate into zones and hunting license should be sold by address. Example, people in North Georgia above Atlanta should not be allowed to lease property or to hunt outside of their immediate area, really I think hunters should be restricted to the county they live in and not issued a license outside of their area.

Get er done, I bought my license a few years ago.

rstallings1979

What about those that own property (and pay taxes) in multiple counties here in Georgia. Going the Iowa approach may decrease some demand on hunting property in the state. Above avg cost for tags, a Game Warden department that is hardcore on rule breakers, and a draw system for out of staters. The fact of the matter is that in the last 24 months since covid 1,000s of new hunters have entered our woods and even before then it was growing rapidly. 2015 licenses sold was around 400k in georgia and 2020/2021 was over 600K in Georgia. That is a lot of new hunters. I don't know the 2022 numbers.

Hunting has become "cool" and demand is sky high. Podcasts, webcasts, and constant online social media activity by multiple groups have it in the spotlight. Throw in Joe Rogan, Meateater, Luke Bryan, etc and then you have a recipe for attracting more and more people to the world of hunting. Heck I posted on this before but I have two college roommates who grew up in Alpharetta and never saw a dirt road until they met me in college. They have entered the world of hunting thanks to Covid mainly. Every Saturday you couuld usually find them tailgating at Sanford/Dooly field...now they would rather spend their Saturdays in the woods and watching the game on their phones or during the middle of the day on TV. Peckerheads drove around in a BMW and a Honda Accord in Athens and now they want to hunt.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Don't know how many of you a members of Base Camp Leasing but my buddy sent me a copy of a lease that posted last night in Jones County. 250 acres leased for 9500.00 a year it was leased within an hour of being posted. Here are some of the requirements for the lease. Maximum of 5 people can hunt it.

* The leasee(s) agree to maintain all food plots, to include either perennial and or annual plantings with appropriate maintenance: herbicide, mowing, disking, harrowing or rototilling. (4 plus acres)

* The leasee(s) may mow, grade or improve roads but may not add, widen or change the course of any existing roadway.

* Deer and turkey lease only.

* 5 bucks and 5 does limit per season, unrecovered wounded deer count toward limit.

* The leasee(s) agree to provide harvest photos of all deer and turkey taken on the lease
I wonder if they have to shine the landowners shoes before they go out each time ??

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
I keep saying it… Our state needs to jack up non res license fees to a minimum of $1500. Cut a bunch of them out.

Our state has enough residents already competing for happy hunting grounds driving the lease prices up.
I imagine the more Florida hunters you “cut out” the more small mom and pop places we keep in business you’ll be cutting out to. SMH

snooker1

I wonder if they have to shine the landowners shoes before they go out each time ??
Reading the information on the property the owner has not hunted it in a few years but still runs cameras and plants plots. I get out of it he takes pride in his property and wants that to continue. I only posted part of the information.

Buckman18

Are you a Georgia resident?

If Yes: that is your opinion and I respect your opinion.

If No: then your opinion about Georgia rules and regs does not matter.

Deerhunter12454

Thankful you don’t make the laws for Georgia. By far the stupidest statement I’ve seen on this forum

Buckman18

I imagine the more Florida hunters you “cut out” the more small mom and pop places we keep in business you’ll be cutting out to. SMH

Georgia resident hunters would plant those same plots with the same seed from the same store.

bullgator

Georgia resident hunters would plant those same plots with the same seed from the same store.
As long as you go home or to bed by 11 pm..that’s when the best spotlighting is.

treadwell

Really? I'm hoping your just trolling. If , not, I agree with
Thankful you don’t make the laws for Georgia. By far the stupidest statement I’ve seen on this forum

ucfireman

The property owner wants someone to pay him 9500 a year to have the privledge of maintianing his land for him. And have his food plots planted and "maintained" for him.
Do you not believe he is not going to hunt all your work, your crazy.
And it leased, maybe I should lease my 38ac, let someone cut/plant my fields and pastures, cut trees, spray and everything else, and allow 1 deer of either sex.