Leaves on persimmon tree

sghoghunter

I planted this grafted female American Persimmon from chestnut hills nursery back in late January and been watering it every couple days along with spraying the foliage with a water/neems oil mixture. I noticed last weekend the very top leaves were gone so I sprayed it down again with the neems oil spray. Today when I was mowing I noticed almost all the leaves were gone and you can tell something has been chewing on the leaves but doesn’t look like deer. Has anyone got any idea what it could be and what to prevent it

sghoghunter

May have. I mixed it 1 teaspoon to a gallon of water then sprayed it and the chestnuts real good. I do remember seeing a hard shelled bug on one of the trees the afternoon I sprayed them but didn’t think anything at the time

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the best thing you can do is leave it alone and quit spraying so much stuff on it.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have two Japanese persimmon trees, and don't have to spray them with anything. Only pest that bothers the fruit are coons, squirrels and birds.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Not sure your temp but I wouldn't use it over 90 degrees, if you just have to do it very late in the evening, ive personally never used neem oil but I typically drop oily type mixes over 80 degrees, especially when it's dry, just to easy to burn something in those conditions