Lee Brand Price I-n-c-r-e-a-s-e At Midway!

chuckdog

Yesterday I received an email from Midway asking me to review the Lee Auto Disk measure I bought in December, so I gave it yet another glowing review. I didn't pay any attention to the new pricing.

Price Paid December 29th.

Lee Auto Disk (2).jpg

Same Item Today, March 1st
Lee Auto Disk Today (2).jpg

March is my birth month, so today I logged in at Midway to see if I would get the birthday discounts, nope.

I was then reviewing my past orders and clicked on the Lee measure only to find a huge, I mean huge price increase on almost all Lee products.

I started looking at other Lee products, like their $75 Value Turret press. It obviously no longer exists at Midway. It's replacement is $135.99. (Joking, Same Press) The Classic Cast Turret Press that was $119, now $189!

I realize the value of our currency is squat but to quote someone that makes my blood boil, "Come On Man!"

Over the last few decades Lee has forced other manufacturers to reign in their marketing folks a bit and at least try to offer products at more realistic prices. If Lee raises their prices this much, RCBS and others will unleash huge price increases too.

So far other sites like Titan and FS Reloading still have normal pricing. Lee has always offered some really good products at good prices. Some like the Auto Disk measure are great regardless of price, but if these prices are the "new normal" people will skip right past their stuff. AKA pricing yourself out of the market. I hope Midway ain't just ahead of the rest on posting new prices!

bullgator

I just ordered three days before mine and the discount didn’t apply

Dub

Dangitman.....that's gonna bite.

LEE gear's pricing going up won't happen in a vacuum. Hang onto your wallets....we are on a wild ride for some time.

rosewood

Are sure it is Lee or could it be Midway raising prices? That is a big jump, seems like when I bought the autodisk maybe 10 years ago, it was in the low $30 range.

Rosewood

chuckdog

I haven't got the special birthday pricing every year. I don't count on it, but just in case I do have a few in stock items on my wish list.

Midway is seldom the cheapest on anything, but they're now making Cabela's prices look good!

chuckdog

Are sure it is Lee or could it be Midway raising prices? That is a big jump, seems like when I bought the autodisk maybe 10 years ago, it was in the low $30 range.

Rosewood

Not sure about anything.

It may be just Lee and Midway management having a spat?

rosewood

I am pretty sure I have gotten the Birthday pricing every year. Usually end up placing an order I hadn't planned on, so their marketing strategy works. Picked up some of those forward blast muzzle brakes this last birthday that were normally like $30 each, on sale for like $19 and with the discount, I think they were in the $12 range. I bought multiple ones for various diameters just because. Only used one so far.

Rosewood

B. White

Happy Birthday! You have 11 days to use your one-time Birthday Pricing

Too bad nothing I want is available.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Demand is extremely high

chuckdog

The Lee Deluxe Auto Disk measure in stock @ precision reloading is $45. Like Cabela's I don't consider this site a bargain price seller.

Seems it ain't just Lee products. Another item I recently purchased is the Lyman Case Prep unit. This same unit is over $30 more at Midway. Both are every day prices. Free two day shipping with $50 or more purchase at Cabelas.

Midway

Lyman Case Prep Midway (2).jpg

Cabela's

Lyman Case Prep Cabelas (2).jpg

I've been a Midway customer for more than 20 years. Midway still has most competition beat on selection, but on many items their pricing is terrible.

Reactions: Dub

deerslayer357

I bought some Nosler 41 mag projectiles a few weeks ago from midway. Couldn’t get as many as I wanted because they were out of stock. When restocked a week later price went from $34 to $45 per hundred. I found them on natchezs for $33 and stocked up.
I think midway is trying to make hay while the sun is shining so to speak.

earlthegoat2

I bought some Lee 450 Bushmaster dies from Amazon (sold by Amazon) in late February for $45 all in. At the time, Midway had them in stock but they were $57 so I bought them at Amazon. After I bought mine on Amazon, I looked for them again the next day but Amazon no longer had them in stock. Marketplace sellers did though for the low low price of $99.

Fast forward to today and I see Amazon has them again and are selling them for $99 while Midway still has them in stock for $57.

Pick your poison.

chuckdog

Many times you can buy phone cases, computers, and other stuff cheaper at Amazon, but I don't recall finding any reloading products at a bargain.

I closed all my Amazon and AT&T accounts. Tired of voluntarily funding enemies of free speech.

earlthegoat2

Well it seemed to turn out that way for me. Must have found a loophole.

chuckdog

I bought some Nosler 41 mag projectiles a few weeks ago from midway. Couldn’t get as many as I wanted because they were out of stock. When restocked a week later price went from $34 to $45 per hundred. I found them on natchezs for $33 and stocked up.
I think midway is trying to make hay while the sun is shining so to speak.

Judging from a closer look at Midway's current pricing on most shooting related products I believe you're right. I bought some Hornady 230gr .451 XTP bullets @ $26 Wednesday at another site. At Midway $34.
400/$100 vs 300/$100.

They're raking in as much as the market will bear now.

For me it's disappointing. As a long term customer I'd hoped the company would maintain my trust in knowing that I will receive fair pricing from them period.

Seems they've followed "let's squeeze them for every dime we can" path now.

Reactions: Dub

chuckdog

Well it seemed to turn out that way for me. Must have found a loophole.

You definitely found a better price at Amazon. My experience has shown that Amazon will price match some of the other mega sites for short periods when hot selling items are on sale via the manufacturers price promotions. I've seen this several times on higher end headphones and such.

I've also seen Lee 9mm dies @ $119+ from amazon vendors pre-plandemic.

Like Walmart's "Always The Low Price" slogan. If you shop around you soon find out they're not competitive on many items.

When I first bought .450 dies 10 or 12 years ago seems like Hornady was my only choice at the time. I think I paid $60 or so from Midway or Midsouth then.