Lemons to Lemonade

Redman54

Friday evenings are usually reserved for watching my youngest son's HS football games. This past Friday the game was canceled so the wife and I decided to make the best of our evening and get in an afternoon hunt. We were hunting a box overlooking a cut corn field surrounded by planted pines. I was watching the field while she was watching a foodplot we made into the pines and a small road leading to the back of the property. I did not get an opportunity to limb the road this year so there was only small stretches that were clearly visible ( yes I got fussed at). We starting seeing deer shortly after getting settled, all does and yearlings. About 20 minutes before dark, my wife says two deer were walking up the road to us. As they got closer she could see it was two does. As she watching them and reminding me I need to limb the road, she said a third deer just stepped into the road. She said it was a big deer but she can't make out what it was yet. As the deer walks up the road towards us, I can hear her breathing change. She whispers to me that it is a good buck and asks me if I think he's a shooter. I could not see him and told her that if she thought he was a shooter, to go ahead and send one. She settled on her rifle and sends one down range. The deer darts off the road back into the pines. She's killed a few good bucks and countless big hogs but this was the first time I had seen her this excited. We climbed down, went to the where he was standing and find 1 small drop of blood. I walked into the pines and find no other blood anywhere. We backed out, ran to the house and got our Boykin and headed back. I turned my Boykin loose and he went straight to the spot in the road and off in the pines he went. 10 minutes and 150 yards later I finally got to see her buck for the first time. I looked dead at her and said, yeah, I believe he's a shooter... I really wish his main beam wasn't broken but it gives him some character. He weighed in at 195. Sunday was spent completing a euro mount for her and my oldest son's bow buck. cp.jpgdeer.jpgrock.jpgHeads.jpg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Yeah..I’d say that was a Shooter:)! Congrats to both of you
Yeah this^^

Woohoo! Not such a bad thing the game got canceled too! That’s what I call making lemonade out of lemons! Way to go brother and congrats to you both!

Yes sir, that is a shooter and shot by a keeper. Congratulations to you both.
And this^^

Back40hunter

Thank the Lord for cancelled ballgames, right! Beautiful buck. Congratulations