Let the .41 mag talk

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Go Dawgs with a .41! Awesome!

Dub

Heck yeah !!!!!

Got it done very well.

Is that a Weaver mount you are using ?

Been looking at options for a Blackhawk and was wondering how that one has done for you.

Last edited:

tcward

Heck yeah !!!!!

Got it done very well.

Is that a Weaver mount you are using ?

Been looking at options for a flattop Blacktop and was wondering how that one has done for you.
Yes it is the weaver mount with Leupold rings. Probably have fired 100 or so rounds through it with no POI shift change. Using full power 210 grain hand load.

Dub

Yes it is the weaver mount with Leupold rings. Probably have fired 100 or so rounds through it with no POI shift change. Using full power 210 grain hand load.

Sounds great. Thanks for the insight.

Been looking at options.

Archery & handgun kills yield the tastiest backstraps. :p

At least to the folks who made the shot & recovery. (y)

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
My 6 1/2" model 657-2 is on my hip for the rest of the season.
It's 1 of 500 made. Serial #237.
It has a few notches on the handle, but needs another.
My reloader's manual says my hot .41mag hand loads are faster, flatter, and carry more energy than a factory 44 mag.

Screenshot_20210103-092249_Gallery.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice! Congrats! I need to get my Blackhawk to the woods.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
There was once an excellent article in Shooting Times magazine about the 41 magnum revolver as a hunting weapon.
Great reading for any .41mag fan...
I saved the magazine for years, but don't know its whereabouts now. If anybody could dig up a link to this, I would love to read it again. (You would too.)
Late 80's or early 90's I guess... The author said that he guessed this is really what Elmer Keith was aiming for when he developed the .44 magnum.

pacecars

Excellent job! Before I became a 10mm addict I was a .41 Mag addict. I had a T/C Contender Super 14 and several S&W 57s and 657s including one of the above unfluted models (should have kept that one). It is about time I get back into the .41 Mag. I really wish I would have kept the 357 PD though
3072182-B-CF71-418-E-B2-C6-D49-F8-D5-E372-F.jpg

NWS

There was once an excellent article in Shooting Times magazine about the 41 magnum revolver as a hunting weapon.
Great reading for any .41mag fan...
I saved the magazine for years, but don't know its whereabouts now. If anybody could dig up a link to this, I would love to read it again. (You would too.)
Late 80's or early 90's I guess... The author said that he guessed this is really what Elmer Keith was aiming for when he developed the .44 magnum.
Elmer Keith’s classic book “Guns & Ammo for Hunting Big Game” has an entire chapter devoted to handguns for big game. He tells the entire story about the development of the 41 Mag with some cool photos.