Let's play a game

pottydoc

Since when?
Did they give a reason?
I used those a lot pier fishing on Big Pier 60

I just found out about it recently. I guess it’s been in effect for quite a while. I haven’t used one for years, pretty much catch all our bait on sabikis or cast net.

DANG ?

GTMODawg

BANNED
One of those is my favorite to catch... and eat.
Not sure what the first one is ?

Sewer trout is a name given to Snook by old school offshore sport fisherman LOL. Probably because they couldn't catch a snook to save their lives! Call 'em what you will but you'd ne hard pressed to find a better eating fish or one that is more sporting to catch, in my opinion.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Against the law in Florida.

I was told that a couple of years ago. I guess its considered something of a gill net? If so a cast net with a mesh size larger than about 1/4 inch ought to be a gill net also LOL. Good thing the man in Florida ain't though of that....cause they would dang sure try to make a cast net illegal if they could.....

GTMODawg

BANNED
Never heard of a ribbon rig and looked it up. Do you throw it out and reel it back in or let it sit on the bottom?

Usually drop it and either jig it up and down a little of just let the boat or wave action move it around. I have cast them from piers and caught bait but it usually ain't necessary because bait is usually right under a bridge or a pier.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Scope and Rode

Nothing speaks to a boaters knowledge of boating than seeing an anchor rope at or near a right angle to the boat LOL. When I was a younger man I suffered from the idea that the anchor wasn't heavy enough....but after finding a Chevrolet transmission wouldn't hold a jon boat in the Coosa river at Rome Georgia but a 10 pound mushroom anchor with 6 feet of chain and about 6 feet of rope per foot of water would hold it like it was tied to a dock I can now giggle at folks with concrete blocks for anchors directly under the boat!

I have also learned over the years that cleating an anchor rope to the side of a boat in a current will allow the entire length of the boat to be fished. I think my dad knew this but liked having the back of the boat facing down stream and mostly all to himself LOL