Let's see your trad kill photo's please.

Al33

I for one sure would like to see some of your game kills taken with your trad bows. Anything from chipmunks to elephants. Looking at them will only encourage me and others here for the upcoming season so please post 'em up.

I'll start this off one of mine, my first ever deer with a recurve, back when my belly was flat.:p Small 5 pointer, Ben Pearson 50# Hunter recurve, aluminum arrow with Bear Razorhead, Jasper County, Georgia, 1976, and yes, I smoked back then.

Attachments

• firstbowbuck.jpg
    firstbowbuck.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 6,413

Apex Predator

Here you go! Mine are a little more recent.

Attachments

• Rabbits 11Feb.jpg
    Rabbits 11Feb.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 6,292
  • Marty's long bow boar 150.bmp
    71.2 KB · Views: 6,082

Apex Predator

BTW, 8 of those rabbits fell to the little Hi-speed!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You look mighty familiar in that pic Al. You ever hunt South Georgia back then?

Al33

That's a mighty fine bag right there Apex!

Was that pig in your avatar pic a trad kill? If so, post it up in a larger pic. I love that arrow sticking out of him.:)

No Nic, didn't get too far south in those days. Must have been a movie star down that way you saw once.:bounce:

OconeeDan

So far, only fish . Hope to change that real soon!
(I did take a big doe with a traditional muzzleloading pistol that I am proud of).

Apex Predator

It tells me my photo is too large! I'll try it again.

Looks to be working with this different type of file. Here he is!

Attachments

• Marty's long bow boar.jpg
    Marty's long bow boar.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 6,177

Apex Predator

Forgot to mention, the hog is my first trad kill with the longbow that John Cooper just sold. A CE heritage 150 with Wensel Woodsman. Quartering away pretty hard, and the arrow stopped on the offside shoulder. The day my last compound went on the auction block, no less! I have hunted with both for a few years, but it took a total committment to finally close the deal! I'm traditional only for life now.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
marty, marty marty i never sold the longbow.......LOL......i traded it for a brack drifter......LOL......oh but i did sell the jeffery you once owned. i dont have no stinkin pics of my kills (i was to cheap to buy camera's) but i will this year

Arrow3

I for one sure would like to see some of your game kills taken with your trad bows. Anything from chipmunks to elephants. Looking at them will only encourage me and others here for the upcoming season so please post 'em up.

I'll start this off one of mine, my first ever deer with a recurve, back when my belly was flat.:p Small 5 pointer, Ben Pearson 50# Hunter recurve, aluminum arrow with Bear Razorhead, Jasper County, Georgia, 1976, and yes, I smoked back then.

Great Pic AL!!!:banana:

robert carter

I`ll post some of the most recent. I just figured out how to post`em a while back I will say I use the throw away cameras from walmart and can only post the ones I have from this year. the rest are just regular pics. So far this year I killed 6 pigs at Horse Creek and a spring gobbler with different stick bows and broadheads.maybe this will work . God willing I`ll have some more after next week.RC
82741-R1-07-21A_008.jpg

82742-R1-03-2A_004.jpg

82742-R1-10-11A_011.jpg

346640-R1-04-8A_005.jpg

346640-R1-00-3A_001.jpg

347118-R1-17-18A_018.jpg

ChrisSpikes

This was my first trad deer. I can still see it in my mind. The arc of the arrow in flight, the buck quartering away at a fairly steep angle. At a distance of 17 yards, the arrow intercepts the deer at the last rib and the fletching disappears as the arrow exits just in front of the off side leg. Beautiful........

And can you tell it was a long drag on a hot night?

Attachments

• 26th.jpg
    26th.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 5,927

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My congratulations to all you fellers!!

ky_longbow

heres a few-----
squirrel2.jpg

tradtreerat.jpg

bro1.jpg

MVC-032F.jpg

doe4.jpg

YankeeRedneck

These are all very cool guys !!! Getting me all pumped up !! I love to see pics with a harvest with a stick and string !! :cool:

Dub

Awesome pics.

My hat's off to those of you who go traditional. What a challenge.

Glenn

From last season..

Attachments

• deer1.jpg
    deer1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 5,840
  • deer2.jpg
    deer2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 5,821
  • hog3.jpg
    hog3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 5,762

Al33

These are great! Keep 'em coming.

A couple more of mine, my best buck and my first bow kill tom, both from Lumpkin County and both from a Black Widow I recently sold.

Attachments

• 8ptlumpkinbuck3.jpg
    8ptlumpkinbuck3.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 5,810
  • bowtom-3-5-13-06.jpg
    bowtom-3-5-13-06.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 5,781