Let's see your trophy tower stands

GeorgiaGlockMan

This tie down system has held blinds on our west Texas leases in 60+ mph gusts.

Finding a toppled blind on a hunting day is a heartbreaking deal.

ETA- with the right equipment and helper, 2 people can takedown, move and reset one of these blinds in a hour or so...

Attachments

• PART_1443637682688_.IMG_20150930_142745.jpg
    PART_1443637682688_.IMG_20150930_142745.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

HughW2

I built this one about 7 or 8 years ago, its 4 x 6 inside , 7ft roof, the roof is the top of an old aluminum camper shell, if I were to build another one for two people to hunt out of I would build it 6 x 6, two people in a 4x6 is a little tight. View attachment 992591
Transfixer, I like the shooting table in your stand. One of the ideas I am hoping for. Have everything handy for when that buck starts crossing a power line.

bubbafowler

Bubbafowler and Juan De,
Where did you get the light poles or telephone poles? Great idea, they will last for decades.
Bubbafowler, that last one looks incredible. How tall is it and how many hours do you figure you put in? Looks great.
It's 20 ft to the floor. I bow hunt mainly so it was built for and only gets hunted when i take my daughters. Its behind my house on a hilly cow pasture. We had a 15 tripod and still couldn't see whole pasture so built this at 20. My dad sometimes hunts it in the rain. But with two friends it took me probably 12-15 hours total to build. It was built on site and took longer. I have since started building the floors and walls at home and assembling on sight. An hour here and there in afternoons then 2-3 to attach legs, stand up floor, level, pick up walls and attach, then screw down some tin makes about 6-8 hours a stand.

transfixer

Transfixer, I like the shooting table in your stand. One of the ideas I am hoping for. Have everything handy for when that buck starts crossing a power line.

Its a piece of 5/8 plywood that is screwed into the 2x4 top rail on that side, down that long stretch I have roughly a 200yd shot, I need to add a shelf to the right side, where I now have about a 125yd shot, but the shooting zone is much wider on that side. when I hunt that stand I back up in the opposite corner in an old office chair and look through the front and right side openings, behind me is blacked out.

JMN1976

Here is some of mine - have used plywood sides and also burlap wrapped sides (cheaper and quiet). The floor and side panels I use 2x3 and construct at home as well as 2x3 for the tops and stretch a tarp tight for the roof (quiet and lasts 2-3yrs) and can remove the frame myself and lower to the ground and redo and then pull back up and reset.

Moving the stands can be done by 1 person as well - made the rack on the trailer and back up to the stand and hook the lower cross brace on each side with a ratchet strap till snug and then go to back of stand and begin lifting at cross brace and the lever principle comes into play and the stand lays right down on the rack with straps referenced above keeping the legs from kicking out. Then throw a strap on the stand to hold it down and off you go. Clothes pins, staple gun, and some cheap paint and my boys have a good time setting up the camo/concealement strategy.
resize stand 2.jpgresize stand 1.jpgresized stand move.jpg

Buck Dropper

I have two different box stands that would sit around 3 or more people if necessary. Don't have any pics right this minute but will get some. My logic, if you're going to build something, might as well make it big and comfortable.

naildrvr

Nail driver, great job, especially on the roof and the narrow but open shooting window. I bet it stays dry even in bad weather.
The window opening is 8" tall, although it doesn't look like it in the pic. I have a piece of carpet that lays on the rail as padding. The longest shot from the stand is only about 50 yds. It used to be a little farther, but I let the underbrush grow back up some. And yes, it does stay nice and dry. We are actually in it right now trying to get my nephew one before he goes home tonight.

ucfireman

Was going to use pressure treated 1/4 plywood for the sides and roof. Local stores don't have it. Anyone know why its not available anymore?
Would non pressure treated but painted on the exterior last a long time? If I'm going to put the time and money in I want it to last a long time.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Was going to use pressure treated 1/4 plywood for the sides and roof. Local stores don't have it. Anyone know why its not available anymore?
Would non pressure treated but painted on the exterior last a long time? If I'm going to put the time and money in I want it to last a long time.

Paint both sides of plywood and any exposed edges, especially if they point up.

longbowdave1

All nice looking deer stands. I feel like a caveman hunting open ladder stands.

Bentfly74

I am planning on building a really nice tower stand in the future and would like to see some nice ones for ideas.
I want to have plenty of space for one or possibly two hunters. I plan to put a comfortable office type chair for all day sits and would like a bench / table to spread out on rifle binoculars, sand bag, camera. Roof for rain. Would like to see any ideas.
Thanks!

We built this one last weekend with an elevator kit, for the legs, from Academy Sports. We used dog-eared fencing for the siding since it's pressure treated. I used some recycled roofing tin for the roof. I have a couple of things to tweak but it hunts for now. Good luck.

Attachments

• 20191129_163103.jpg
    20191129_163103.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 104