Let's see your trophy tower stands

bubbafowler

We built this one last weekend with an elevator kit, for the legs, from Academy Sports. We used dog-eared fencing for the siding since it's pressure treated. I used some recycled roofing tin for the roof. I have a couple of things to tweak but it hunts for now. Good luck.
I have another i don't have pictures of but it's built entirely of decking boards from an old porch i rebuilt on my old house. It was a 10x10 deck so i built the house 5x5 and its a little small for 2. Walls, floor, etc all decking board. This fence very similar and i like it.

ucfireman

No way I would get in that thing, 1 single post holding it up. I don't care if there are "guy wires" or not.

Cool Hand Luke

Work in progress. They cutover some of our property this summer so decided build on a knob overlooking where three draws intersect. First one I've ever built. The walls are built and ready to install at my shop. Got some leftover tin for the roof. Screenshot_20191208-122727_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191208-122727_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191211-184556_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191211-184546_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

GottaGetOutdoors

Tower blind 4.jpg

This is homemade. Found the box on Craigslist in TN. The box is from scraps that come from a door factory. The factory makes metal skinned commercial doors filled with 2" foam. The factory punches out a 22" x 54" hole for a window, and discards the 22" x 54" drop piece. This fella turns those drops into shooting houses. We bought several dozen over the past few years. They are insulated, weatherproof, and should last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our club has used elevated blinds for years now. Especially for the elderly, and members who hunt with children. Great for very cold or wet days too. Most were built with scrap materials. To cut down on weight with those we like to relocate from time to time. We frame, then wrap with camo tarps. That last photo, the pipe stand, is a favorite, many good bucks have been shot from that one.

Attachments

• blindson.jpg
    blindson.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Hideaway.jpg
    Hideaway.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Mikes.jpg
    Mikes.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 84
  • back up Sept 19.jpg
    back up Sept 19.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 87
  • pipestandoct13.jpg
    pipestandoct13.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 89
  • pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 89

frankwright

Ours look just like Mirvin and Chapman Tree's house. in fact when I first saw them I thought my hunting partner had posted them.
We built three in his shop and moved them with the help of a big John Deere and one strong young man (Neither of us)!
They really spoil you especially since I went to a church sale and bought three big high back padded swivel rockers!
I have not sat in them in the rain yet but it will be great.
Ours are all on food plots surrounded by woods and cover!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
One thing to remember, don't sit in any stand, even those towers if it's lightening.

Here's a tower I recently relocated. Did it by myself. Good help is hard to find during the week. Everybody is working. Not retired like me.

Attachments

• Relocated .jpg
    Relocated .jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Relocating.jpg
    Relocating.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 57

j_seph

Built this one several years ago. Will say if you are for sure going to only have one person, do not make too big, especially if you are like on a powerline and could be shooting left or right.
box1-jpg.365373
box2-jpg.365374
box-1-jpg.365375
box-2-jpg.365376

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Built this one several years ago. Will say if you are for sure going to only have one person, do not make too big, especially if you are like on a powerline and could be shooting left or right.
box1-jpg.365373
box2-jpg.365374
box-1-jpg.365375
box-2-jpg.365376
That much lumber today would get your attention when you paid the bill.
Nice work, first class.