Leupold binos warranty, very pleased

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Had a pair of bx-1 rogue binos a while back. They messed up so I sent them in. They could not repair them and I paid the difference and got a set of bx-2. Fast forward to this year, my bx-2 messed up and I sent them in. They could not repair them and were sending me some new bx-2s but they were on backorder. Asked me if I would settle for a different magnification. I told them no but I would take the next level up instead. They are sending me some bx-4 pro hd guide binos. $370 more expensive than the ones I sent in. No charge. That's the kinda service I like.

treemanjohn

Banned
Leupold is all I prefer. I have others, but they're rock solid and the company treats you well. They use to have a scope that was returned for repair and it was in a showcase at the place. I believe the guy was Dall Sheep hunting and dropped his gun off the side of the mountain. They replaced it

Sixes

I've sent back a pair of cascades 3 times and they have always been replaced with no issue.

If they would fix their crappy twist eyecup, the problem would go away.

I've now switched over to Maven binocs

ScottA

I had a pair of Leupold BX-3 binoculars that I used for several years. A couple of years ago the little plastic dial that focused the diopter kept popping off. I got back to camp one day and the dial had popped off again and was lost for good. After deer season closed I emailed Leupold customer service and asked if I could buy a replacement dial. They told me they were sorry about the issue and the dial should never come off. They gave me an RMA # and asked me to send the binos back to them. 2 weeks later I received a brand new set of BX-4 Pro HD binos. Can't beat Leupold's customer service!

Bobby Bigtime

I had a ten or so year old scope that went kaput and I sent it in. They sent me a brand new comparable scope (actually better) an apology and thank you for buying their products. What a great company.

pacecars

I have never had any issues with Leupold scopes but I am not sure I would take another chance on their binos if I had to keep sending them in for warranty work

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I have never had any issues with Leupold scopes but I am not sure I would take another chance on their binos if I had to keep sending them in for warranty work
I agree, mine were really light use as well. Pretty much just giving them props on their service.

JeffinPTC

The lighted reticle in my VX-L scope quit working last season. It was a first gen light with on or off, which resulted in a lot of battery replacements. I understood when I bought it in 2011 that the electrics were only warrantied 2 years, but I called to ask; the whole scope is lifetime now, and they covered my scope with the newer MST Motion Sensor light.
Great service!

sowega hunter

I just sent in a Vari x 3 for repairs. I'm interested to see if they try to give me their freedom series for replacement.
Well thought I'd give an update. Got MY scope back which I'm very pleased with since it is silver and they don't make those anymore. Scope was repaired and I received it back in a timely fashion. Great customer service.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Well thought I'd give an update. Got MY scope back which I'm very pleased with since it is silver and they don't make those anymore. Scope was repaired and I received it back in a timely fashion. Great customer service.
I got my new pair as well. They are awesome

LTFDretired

My Leopold Rifle and ML scope. Never had a warranty issue. They have done well over many years. I did give my Leopold to my son as I got a Swarvoski bino.

Dub

Agreed. (y)

I hear some companies get huge praise for replacing products that fail. Good on them for doing so and good on the owners who get the word out.

I am at a point though, where I simply don't want to fool with having to send stuff back & forth for repair work.

I'd prefer to have a product that never goes down. That also seems to be excellent customer service.

Robust Redhorse

Leupold is the kind of company that patriots need to support.

American-made, with a rock solid warranty.

They make the primary scope that goes on the US Military's Sniper Rifles.

Yeah, they could have their scopes made in by the Chi-Coms, or in the Philippines, but they don't.

They could be made so cheaply that the dealer could just hand you a replacement over the counter, but they would rather sell a quality product.