Leyland Cypress Trees

Derek

Anybody know of a good place to get these. I need about 30 and want them to be at least 5 gallon. How far apart do I plant? How much they gunna cost me?

Derek

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Derek, spacing would depend on what you're doing with them and what affect you want them to have on the landscaping.

I like them spaced at least 8-10 feet apart and planted in a staggered formation sort of like a checkerboard in order to form a privacy type hedge. For example ' , ' , ' , ' ,

Sorry, I can't help you with pricing, I'd suggest just calling around to find out who has them the cheapest at this particular time.

Note: Be careful with fertilizer around them, I've seen a plenty of them burn't up with fertilizer in the spring.

Kdog

Derek, they are advertised all the time in the Market Bulletin. You may want to try there to find some local. There are also flea markets that carry them.

Kdog

Nick_T

Banned
How far are ya from Peach Co? Been seeing ads around for somewhere locally that's gettin $1.50 for them. If it ain't too far off your beaten path I'll check into it a bit for ya.

Nick T

Razorback

Derek,

I planted 8 Leylands 6' apart when we moved into our house in '91. They were in 5gal pots & are now about 45' tall & 6' around at the base. These are planted near the road on the upper side of the hill so they get water runoff from the road & hearty & thick.

We had 3 near the side of the house we planted at the same time but lost them to a snow storm a few years back. Those got water from the down spout from the gutter. They were about 40' before they crushed by the snow.

There is a nursery in the Grayson area off of Ozora Church road don't now the name but thats one place to check. Also there is OEI (Outdoor Enviromentals Inc.) in Grayson, thats where we got our Leylands way back when.

Good Luck,
Razor

gadeerwoman

Derek, hope you aren't planting them along a road for screening purposes. Road riders will cut them for Christmas trees!!

Derek

Nick T,

Surely they ain't $1.50/m for a 3 or 5 gallon tree. Maybe a 1 gallon. I want them to be 4-6 feet.

I hear ya gadeerwomen. I guess I need a trail cam on each one. The main thing I worry about is a big ol buck gettin a hold of em'. My buddy planted about 10-12 3 gallon trees last year bout this time and during the rut a buck came thru and rubbed every tree and broke most of them in half. I guess another good reason for the trailcam :bounce:

Todd E

Lowe's or.................

if you want larger...........
Jack's Creek Tree Farm out of Bishop going towards Morgan County.

HOWCO

Trees

Jacks Creek would be a great location to buy From!
Great Guys who will thank you for your business not like at the big box walmart stores. I will get the phone number to the owner from my office and post it on thursday.

HOWCO

numbers

Damon Malcom
706-342-7350
Jac's creek Nursery
2261 price mill rd
Bostwick ga 30623

Good Luck