Life's railway and unexpected curves...

Burdawg

Since 2020 has been the year of endless conspiracies, plagues, and various life changing events...I've made a decision...I turned 55 back in June and had just had carpal tunnel surgery, I was hoping (like the rest of the world) that things would soon normalize. I was scheduled for kidney stone surgery on July 1st, but instead ended up going to the ER with a heart attack on that very morning. I was one of the "lucky" ones, the 99% blockage from a plaque rupture and blood clot was replaced with a stent...and several prescriptions. (For the record, I'm 5'11" and weighed 185, and exercise regularly)...Since our plans for a trip to Islamorado had been cancelled in May and again for next month, I took it as a sign...I've decided to go back out west and check something else off the bucket list. Hoping Colorado is good juju, at least I'll get to step in some different waters. We are planning to hit the Yampa & Elk rivers for 4-5 days and end the trip on the Frying Pan & Roaring Fork rivers. If anyone has any knowledge of the area, please feel free to share. We'll be staying near Steamboat Springs for the first leg of the trip. And my free advice to everyone reading is this: Enjoy TODAY, don't wait to take any "dream trips", and make sure your family & friends know what they mean to you. Don't take anything for granted, life's railway may take you around some unexpected curves or you may wind up at the "end of the line". And, don't trust stress tests either...the cardiologist said one performed the day before wouldn't have shown anything.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to hear it, but glad you're doing better now!