Line Hunters and Jerks

Walkie Takie

Been there ///////////////////

Sorry to hear it T/L , don't care if he's from fla or Ga, sounds like he wanted the long view of the long road for his shots on his deer ?????????
I've said it before and will again ( I can't stand a line hunter ) I know I know everyone wants to hunt every 1/2 INCH of ( their property ) so they can see and kill all of their deer , but nothing good ever comes from it , we always back off about 75 -100 yards , you can still see and shoot if need be, but it make the owner or leaser feel like your not trying to hunt his land ////////////// hope for the best and good luck
also I'am very happy for the hunter's or clubs who can hunt line's together that's great :clap: the best way :fine: but
, I 've never had that luck before with line hunters , they always endup walking onto
our property and hunting ( little by little ) they always do /////////////////////////
w/t :huh: :smash: :hammers: :flag:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
The president of our club was down there, and he apparently got so mad he didn't even show up to talk to the guy. Just asked us to make a new road so we can access the whole back side or our club without having to drive 2 miles around to the other end of the road.

I don't like the fact of his stand facing down the road either. He's facing towards a sharp curve in the road, but who knows where a bullet can go if he did fire off a round. Also he can look down a good 70yd stretch of our road directly behind him. His stand is literally only a few feet over on his side!!! If he were to pop a shot behind him that bullet could whiz a solid 100+ yards down that road. Not to mention he'd be poaching.

That's not safe.

If he does decide to call our timber company, that's the argument we're really going to push.

I'm going to be paranoid driving down that dang rd during rifle season now.

Nobody in our club hunts that rd for the sole reason of it's not really safe. That rd is long and straight for the most part. Not many obstacles to stop a bullet.

Now we have this bozo sitting on his tiny little stretch of it.

I'm not making peace with that jerk unless he initiates it first. That's how everyone else feels about it too. We're not going out of our way to make his life miserable either.

We don't want any heat on us. We're just going to ride down our newly cut bypass rd right past his stand. We're doing nothing wrong. It's on our property and we're not hunting the line.

This stuff drive's me nutts. :banginghe

Tommy

Woody52

Make sure EVERYONE in your club comes down that stretch of road when going to and from your stands this season!

CAL

Unresolved problems between people never get better on there own!They have to be addressed and worked with.Without doing something to resolve this it is going to only get worse.It has been my experience that the more unpleasantness is stirred the more unpleasant it will get.Nobody is a winner!

Address the problem with the neighbor and try to work things out.Someone could get hurt or worse killed over what?Is it worth this?I really don't think so.Work it out,get whoever it takes involved but work it out.JMHO

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Let's hear some suggestions?

How can our club address this problem?

The guy is hunting legally. His stand is on his property, the small stretch of road is on his property. Be it all this is mere feet away from our property, but it's on his side.

What can we say to this guy to make him change his mind?

He's already invested money on some nice cables to block the road off, a $100 stand, and food plot materials. He's already showed us that his social skills are sub par to say the least.

We're not going to dump any carcasses near the stand. It would be great to see his nose krinkle up, but we got to ride past that way all the time, and I doubt any of the guys in our club want to smell that. I know I don't. Plus, we don't want to sink down to his level anyway.

We just did what we had to do to gain access back to 250+ huntable acres.

I personally don't want to initiate anything with this guy. I'd rather him come talk to us after he see's a bunch of 4 wheelers riding by him all the time. The only suggestion I have is for him to put thefood plot back up in his property.

Heck, the guy's that hunted it last year had two beautiful plots out in the middle of his property. You could see them while riding down the road. They looked great. I don't know why this bozo isn't doing something like that. I guess he's taking the easy way out. The road is all dirt. No grass or shrubs to spray over. Just plow up and seed.

I'm up for any suggestions.

Tommy

Wornout Trails

There is another way!

If I had this problem with Mr. Wonderful from Fla. he would be moving his stand without any contact from you guys, or gutpile dumping, or outhouse building, or 4-wheeler riding, or any type harassment on your part or apology on your part. You can drive your road without fear of a 30-06 coming thru your windshield. He won't be there.
I went thru something similar several years ago. It sure worked for me. You said no one in your club hunts this particular area. Get a small 5 gal bucket feeder. Put the feeder in line of sight of Mr. Wonderful's stand. As far away as can be seen from his stand. Put feeder as high up in a tree, using a climbing stand and load it with corn and turn it on.
In my case with a Mr. Wonderful, come opening morning he was in his stand at daylight and out and gone, stand and all by 11:00. I never heard a word from him 'til just before the next season when he came over with his hat in his hand and asked me if I would like to be a member in his hunting club, no dues. I took him up on his offer, (I am sort of like a mirror, you get back what you put out.) But there is always another way to skin the cat! By the way the old feeder still hangs in that tree off my propery line near the old road bed. No one ever has hunted the line again. The next year I let Mr. Wonderful's club use the back side of my club for a camping area. I don't know what the fine is in the county where your hunting is located, but in Franklin it is $375.00 the first time you go before the Magistrate Judge for hunting over bait. Your Mr. Wonderful may not have any people skills, but the outlay of Dollars speaks some sort of silent language I bet he understands! ::ke:

bull0ne

Banned
Thomas Lackey said:
Wornout Trails,

That is a great idea.

Anybody else with some helpful hints??

Tommy

A portable radio with duracells inside a thick metal cage....hang it 20 feet up with a climber near his landline setup.........music soothes the savage beast,his people skills will get better after a few hours of ludacris and Eminem :rofl: :rofl:

Paddle

Feeders

I love the feeder idea. I will have to remember that one!!!!!!! :clap:

Jkidd

Since you have timber company land I would contact the timber company about it. Let them know whats going on and see what they have to say. I know my timber company would be pretty ticked off if I went and cut a road through there pines. Also thats probably there road and have an easment for it some where in there papers. If not they might come doze you a new road around. Id definatly get them involved though.

Jason

Augie

Hmmm, That's a good point, did you cut the timber companys planted pines or other cash crop tree's to make your new road?
I think I'd just drop it, ignore the guy and just go about your normal business.
No feeder, no gut pile's, just drop it.

j_seph

Thomas

I got mixed feelings on this as well even though my 2cents don't matter. I don't know who you lease from but our lease strictly forbids us of cutting down trees or creating roads(Plumb Creek),International was like this also. I would probally done something similar myself wheather it was right or not but always remember hindsight is 20-20 once something does happen. Thats what usually gets me. Just be careful bro

Lthomas

I agree 100% with Augie.

CAL

Give Mr.Whoever time to cool off and yourselves as well.Go to the person and address the situation like gentleman.I have yet to see the man that is greeted with a handshake and a smile be anything but reasonable. Tell him your club doesn't hunt the line and could they possibly have the same rule.Let him know since you all are neighbors you would like to be friends.There are times when you might have to track a wounded deer on to his lease and vise versa.All I know is there is more ways to skin a cat than choking him to death first.Besides,anything you do to him he can do to you also.Address the situation as an adult and leave childish actions at home.I would bet he would come around! JMHO....

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
No pines were cut. We're not stupid!!! There actually weren't any pines in the way hardly. The one's that were, we just went around. We can cut anything down that is not a pine tree, or like other's said cash crop trees. The hardwoods we did cut were sweetgums. This road is on the edge of some 15yr pines. We can also limb our pines, but can't top em off. The timber company we lease from actually encourage's us to limb the pines for shooting lanes. Guess it save's them money in the long run.

Tommy

Last edited:

camo93

Take an old VHS tape and rip the tape out and string it along your property line.. When just the little amount of wind blows it will shake the tape and put off a bright flashy glare that will scare the deer.. Good for around your garden as well..

Or setup a scarecrow (which he can see from his stand, but on your property) and spread human hair around it..

Good luck Thomas..

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
Tommy..........

I would first let both the landowners and Timber Company know exactly what went down, including the guys attitude when approached......then I would try to work things out with the guy (but how far can ya trust somebody that would act like this)..........I would then let the company/land owners know that YA'ALL TRIED to work things out, and the other group (if it occurred) was rude and not willing....................THEN, if it came to it, the gut pile idea is pretty good, although it could bring stray dogs in on everybody........feeder??........good idea, but then ya'all are also loosin' 200+ yards of deer huntin territory...............shame this stuff goes on :huh: ..........good luck to ya. :)

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Like was mentioned before watch out for a setup. What's to keep him from baiting your lease or messing with personal property of your fellow hunters? Sounds like to me nothing is off limits to this guy. Be careful and keep your eye on him.