Liquid Calcium

nix03

Anyone used the liquid calcium on plots or pastures? What are your thoughts and opinions on it versus regular lime?

bruiserbuckgrower

Some "liquid lime" products can work very well, I will try to find a chart of types and post that but it is short lived compared to ag lime, which can be a nature of the beast type situation, if you have the ability to spread ag lime or have it spread i would say do that for over all results over the long run, not to discredit some liquid products they have a place also. Small inaccessible spots can greatly benefit from liquid but I would not expect more than 3 months from the best liquid products, knowing this and being able to incorporate a plan helps. There is some debate as to whether it actually raises ph but that's not all that important to me, it does however allow the target plant to intake more nutrients and fertilizer which is the overall goal anyway. Many situations for many people, hard to beat ag lime but some situations can greatly benefit from liquid. I've used cal-flo with great results.

Ihunt

Doomtrpr,
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there’s a magic bullet for correcting ph is there? Line and time!

doomtrpr_z71

Doomtrpr,
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there’s a magic bullet for correcting ph is there? Line and time!

Nope, those liquid lime products are almost always calcium chloride which is great for deicing sidewalks but do not change soil ph. You will get no reaction with soil hydrogen ions and therefore no increase in ph. You can't shove a ton of lime into a 2.5 gallon jug.