Little Creek Bow Club Meriwether *2021-22 Info Post 314*

JROESEL

Any openings for 2021? Me and a buddy are interested we were part of Little creek bow club but just found out its being sold we are from Florida and hunt together everytime and take turns filming hunts for YouTube channel, and by hunting together that helps keep the hunting pressure down instead of having 2 new members hunting different areas.
IS LITTLE CREEK BEING SOLD???
This is from another post (nebula club)

Todd Norton

Ye
Any openings for 2021? Me and a buddy are interested we were part of Little creek bow club but just found out its being sold we are from Florida and hunt together everytime and take turns filming hunts for YouTube channel, and by hunting together that helps keep the hunting pressure down instead of having 2 new members hunting different areas.
IS LITTLE CREEK BEING SOLD???
This is from another post (nebula club)
Yes it is!

davidhelmly

man I know that’s a hard pill to swallow, congrats on all the success you have had there, maybe you and your wife will get to keep hunting out there
Thanks, it’s tough but I’m just looking on the bright side, I’m happy that I got to enjoy it for 14 years. I’m proud of what we built there and also thankful for all the great friendships that were built there thru the years.
I guess anything is possible but we aren’t looking to get back on there, we are just moving on and will concentrate on another piece of property that we have.

Triple C

Thanks, it’s tough but I’m just looking on the bright side, I’m happy that I got to enjoy it for 14 years. I’m proud of what we built there and also thankful for all the great friendships that were built there thru the years.
I guess anything is possible but we aren’t looking to get back on there, we are just moving on and will concentrate on another piece of property that we have.
David - You always seem to see the glass as half full rather than half empty. Gut tells me you will do just fine in the years ahead on whatever property you secure. Been a pleasure to follow all the years on Little Creek Bow Club!!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I sure hate to hear that . But I know how it feels , lease my dads been a part of nearly 40 years is up for auction on the 27th . And it’s not even a fraction as good as little creek , good luck on your other property . Not as much as you but I’m sure gonna miss the little creek trail cam pictures

rolltidefan

It is being bought to hunt on but we don’t know who yet.

I hate to say it but this is the down fall when operating a lease to have excellent management practices to grow big deer and it being done on leased land. It is just a matter of time until someone with deeper pockets offer more money for the lease or offers to buy it. I'll guarantee you that if it was just average property you would still be leasing and hunting it.

The best practice in leasing land that you are managing for big deer is to be silent and issue no post on what you have on it. Don't broadcast your clubs kills and pictures of big bucks roaming the property. If the public don't know, then all is well.

Sorry about the loss of the lease, I know it hurts after years of managing and feeling proud of the accomplishments you were seeing. That really sucks but is a part of leasing property from anyone.

Long Cut

Sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed following your posts Dave!

Just goes to show how cutthroat middle & south GA hunting land is... North GA ain’t worth a hoot to hunt, so you have ATL folks coming South looking for land and Florida folks driving North looking for land.

WishboneW

David I do believe your neighbor across the street might have some decent land he will lease you. The few times I met him he seemed to be a decent person.
His land probably has a better population than little creek when you first took it over

davidhelmly

David I do believe your neighbor across the street might have some decent land he will lease you. The few times I met him he seemed to be a decent person.
His land probably has a better population than little creek when you first took it over
Thanks Andy, if you’re talking across 362 that’s where I work now, he has some great property but isn’t leasing any more out.