Little Tybee Flounder 7-21-21

Seanote

Launched the boat at 8:30 this morning at Lazaretto Creek. The water was very muddy as I thought it would be, so the plan was to try to find a flounder or red. It was too low to get to where I wanted to fish so we stopped at a flounder drop to wait for the tide to rise. I boated a nice flatty of 16" on a finger mullet fished on bottom in 4-5 feet. My partner boated a 30' bonnethead immediately after. We stayed on the spot for a couple of hours and I boated another 16" and an 18" flounder. We also caught a few puppies. The first I've caught this summer. All were 12 inches. We caught a few short flounder and 3 that were 12-13" and were released. When we had enough water to go we found some fairly clear water near the ocean. We caught one nice keeper trout and several shorts there. No rain all day. Turned out to be a great day on the water with a new friend. He left with plenty of food for the table.

Attachments

• tempImageMJ7HWk.png
    tempImageMJ7HWk.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 123

Ihunt

Hey! Pictures from Seanote! Congrats!

I really enjoy catching those bonnet heads. A 30” bonnet on bass gear is a handful.

Redbow

I am glad someone can catch and keep Flounder. Our season for Flounder this year opens September 1st and closes September 14 for recreational fishermen. Creel limits 4 and 15 in. and up keeper size. The commercial side in the southern region will get 3 weeks of harvesting Flounder. The northern and central regions a bit less.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Nice picture!!! Congrats!!
I love the muddy fishy boat!! Makes me jealous! I might not even make it down for 1 fishin trip this year! If not It will be the first year in over 20 years!

Seanote

It was one of those messy trips. We had to wade and pull the boat to get through a tight spot and then got out of the boat to net some bait, which was very muddy. I really appreciate my pressure washer.