"live from the tree" bubba and jt from southern il

Blu

Good luck yall ....come on 160 !!!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
How bout a lil cornfed IL doe baby!

We just had a full grown momma slip in eating acorns. Bubba smoked her @ 18 yards!

Now here's the story...

While we were looking @ her a fine 120+" 8 strolled thru behind us. I swung on the camera and got some great footage of him and then swung back on the doe. As soon as he was gone she started our way and then locked on something to my right. Then I rememberd that I carried my climber in just in case and left it sittin on the ground since this stand was ok.

So with her locked on the stand we coulda danced a jig up here and she wouldn't pay any attention.

She walked almost straight to it and bubba drilled her!

Be back soon, we are looking for a beast now...

jasonC

Good luck JT and Bubba, Im glad you guys are up and hunting, so we can tag along on your hunts. I love these every year.

deerslayer357

good luck JT! Hope ya'll smoke a Monster!

ugaof94

How bout a lil cornfed IL doe baby!

We just had a full grown momma slip in eating acorns. Bubba smoked her @ 18 yards!

Now here's the story...

While we were looking @ her a fine 120+" 8 strolled thru behind us. I swung on the camera and got some great footage of him and then swung back on the doe. As soon as he was gone she started our way and then locked on something to my right. Then I rememberd that I carried my climber in just in case and left it sittin on the ground since this stand was ok.

So with her locked on the stand we coulda danced a jig up here and she wouldn't pay any attention.

She walked almost straight to it and bubba drilled her!

Be back soon, we are looking for a beast now...

Wow . . . that didn't take long (almost as quick as mine last year :bounce:)! Congrats Gary:cool:

Way to exorcise the demons from last year. Keep after the biggun and send pics when you can!:flag:

Thanks

Blu

Way to go Bubba !!!!!! :biggrin2:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Have seen a handful more deer but no shooter bucks. Gonna give it a lil longer and then get the doe to the truck. We have a LONG way back to the truck and have a massive amount of stuff to do today....finish the cooler we built, plant a couple of spots, put up super duper spy antenna...

Will check in if something changes, otherwise see yall this eve.

JasonB

Congrats already! I sure do get ALOT of work done keeping up with these!:type: Oh well since I have to be here instead of in a stand I will just keep reading! Hope yall all get a big one! :cheers:

Jeff Phillips

Way to get it done!

Can't wait to get up there!!!

Swampslayr

Congrats on the doe.... Now since the ice is broke your ready for big boy.... Good Luck, I ready to see some bone!!!!

Meriwether Mike

Congrats on some doe meat. At least JT will not starve.

BornToHuntAndFish

Wow, lots going on this morning. Wasn't expecting Jim to have any signal from the tree thinking lunchtime would be the earliest to hear any updates, but I shoulda checked in sooner. Good job, Bubba, drawing 1st blood to break the ice. Glad bubba made it up there OK & ya'll torched some venison for the winter this morning to help confirm a great treestand setup. Thx for getting us forum folks all fired up for ya'lls evening hunt. Hope the good whitetail action keeps up on the next opening day hunt.

reylamb

You know Jim.................if only you guys knew someone crazy enough to climb towers.........and if only that someone knew a thing or 2 about RF, transmitters, transmission lines, etc.........and if only that person had an IL license and tags......maybe y'all and the cell folks could work out a deal with said individual to maybe get said cell site somewhat operational again.............just thinking out loud and all.....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Almost have the new deer cooler running full speed! Had it @ 45 degrees when weeft it. Just got in town to pick up some food and more caulk for the cooler.

Will have to finish a few things @ the house n then get some seed in the ground and then back to a tree.

Oh and btw it was wayyyy too warm this morn to lug my thermos but I might be able to sneak in a footsie shot for ya:p biggest issue is the connection being so weak that I can't get pics to load.

Be back soon